Talk:1st Cavalry Regiment (United States)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 1st Cavalry Regiment (United States) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This article reads like it was directly copied from a book. I have tried to streamline it just a bit, but there is much that can be deleted or condensed into encyclopedic format. 126.96.36.199 18:34, 20 October 2006 (UTC)
- The majority of it was. Look at this and compare it to the historical sections of the Wiki article. It's a direct, unattributed cut and paste.Intothatdarkness (talk) 18:15, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
1st Regiment lives still!
The 1st Cavalry Regiment was not deactivated completely. the 8th Squadron 1st Cavalry was flagged in March of 2007 at Ft. Lewis Wa. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:50, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
2/1 Cav is also active again:
On June 1, 2006 at Ft Lewis, WA, a large Army reflagging ceremony occurred. The 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry’s colors were cased, the colors of the 2nd Cavalry Regiment were transferred, and the 4th Brigade, 2d Infantry Division colors were uncased. The 2d Squadron, 1st Cavalry’s colors were uncased as part of this latter ceremony. Our unit is alive once again after a 10 year stand down. (http://www.2-1cavalry.com/history.htm) Also, 1/1 Cav and 2/1 Cav took part in Desert Shield/Storm assigned to 1AD and 2AD respectively. (2/1 Cav was attached to 1/7Cav 1CD) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 04:49, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
- 6/1 Cav is active as the RSTA squadron for 1/1 AD at Ft. Bliss. Currently, there are only about 80 people in the squadron, with expectations for it to reach full strength in September of 2008. It'll be deploying sometime next year, with the rest of 1st HBCT. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:10, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
8th Squadron 1st Cavalry Regiment of the 5th Brigade 2nd Infantry Division deployed to southern Afghanistan in the Spin Boldak District, Kandahar Province in July 2009 and returned to Joint Base Lewis/McChord in July 2010. In July of 2010 after 5th Brigade 2nd Infantry Division returned from deployment to southern Afghanistan, there was a Brigade reflagging ceremenony where 5th Brigade became 2nd Brigade 2nd Infantry Division.Brian14harris (talk) 00:01, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
File:001-Cav-RegtCOA.svg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:001-Cav-RegtCOA.svg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests December 2011
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
WikiProject Tambayan Philippines
I don't understand how this article fits within the scope of WikiProject Tambayan Philippines, because the 1st Cavalry Regiment (United States) was deployed in Vietnam, not the Philippines. JustAGuyOnWikipedia (talk) 22:25, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on 1st Cavalry Regiment (United States). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100609010022/http://www.history.army.mil/html/forcestruc/spdes-123-ra_ar.html to http://www.history.army.mil/html/forcestruc/spdes-123-ra_ar.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.history.army.mil/books/R%26H/R%26H-FM.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.2-1cavalry.com/history/history.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Is there any source for the existence of a 4th squadron before 1958 (and is the once source we have even RS)?Slatersteven (talk) 10:54, 9 July 2017 (UTC) Try as (I might I can find not one reference outside the one we have even for the 4ths existence prior to 1958. Nor (oddly) can I find any reference to this being a wide spread rumor or story. I would have thought a well know mystery would have been widely discussed on the US equivalent of ARS or in magazines. But I can find zilitch. Sorry until we have a better cite we should remove this.Slatersteven (talk) 11:20, 9 July 2017 (UTC)