Talk:20/20 (U.S. TV series)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Hi, I read on many (political) US forums these days 20/20, but since I'm not an American, and we don't have that show here in the Netherlands, I have no idea what it means. Hope somebody here can help me out... Thanks in advance, Bontenbal 15:09, 4 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm not from the US either but I believe the title refers to the measurement of your eyesight - 20/20 refers to 'perfect vision'. I'm willing to stand corrected though! Trialex 09:45, 9 January 2006 (UTC)
- What about the slash (solidus) in the title? WhiteDragon 04:56, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Way late reply: "20/20" is almost universally understood in the eyesight context, including this show's use of it. I've never seen it used for any other meaning. 126.96.36.199 09:29, 17 August 2006 (UTC)
I've added a note to the top about the meaning if someone ends up here by accident. 188.8.131.52 09:56, 17 August 2006 (UTC)
Okay, a simpler example of why it is called "20/20" is this: 20/20 is normal eyesight, things are not blurry, blurry being the keyword. In "20/20", they tell you I think 10 things that people say, and see if they are true, or if they are myths. It ties in with blurry because not too many people knew if the things they talk about are truth or a myth. An example is that reading in the dark is not bad for your eyes, even though I know I have heard it very often. Dogmanice 03:06, 28 September 2006 (UTC)
I was there and part of the process, and the name "20/20" referred to vision. In fact, the logo used on the premiere episode was an eyeglass frame, with two O shaped lens holders and earpieces in the shape of the number 2. That logo was used during pre-production and launch on studio meal tickets for staff, script books, and more.
I remember in the late 80s or early 90s they devoted an episode to aliens and UFOs. I just think that's funny.
If you look at the links, the overwhelming majority for 20/20 are indeed for the TV show. I think the above should be reversed at least for now so we can get the disam links fixed. --User:Woohookitty Disamming fool! 11:51, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on 20/20 (U.S. TV series). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090107155346/http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=060507_05 to http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=060507_05
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140717231324/http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=052808_06 to http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=052808_06
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090623063544/http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=051909_05 to http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=051909_05
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140821034701/http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/06/16/final-2009-10-broadcast-primetime-show-average-viewership/54336/ to http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/06/16/final-2009-10-broadcast-primetime-show-average-viewership/54336/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140209110657/http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/01/2010-11-season-broadcast-primetime-show-viewership-averages/94407/ to http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/01/2010-11-season-broadcast-primetime-show-viewership-averages/94407/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.