Talk:2002–03 S.L. Benfica season
|2002–03 S.L. Benfica season has been listed as one of the Sports and recreation good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.
Review: April 15, 2016. ( ).
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:2002–03 S.L. Benfica season/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
I make minor changes myself, because I see no point in ordering people to put a comma or merge two sentences into one.
If I find a query as I read, I will ask you about it.
In the lead, "indoors players". Somebody who doesn't know may presume that Petit and Rocha played futsal. Are you trying to indicate that they are some of the best within the Portuguese league? That is my guess. In that case, I would substitute "indoors" for "domestic". '''tAD''' (talk) 22:49, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- Changed to domestic
- It was Drulovic, added it before Player statistics, would be very difficult to jammed it elsewhere.
- I chose only to use images that were taken during the season, or relate to it directly.
- It's a lot from Record across all articles until 2008, because Record is only reliable source that keeps their news online dating back to 1999. The only other source is Correio da Manha, from the same publisher, which are basically the same news.
Not something for you to improve, but Sabrosa's quote of "I died on the beach" gives me shivers when I remember what would happen to his nephew seven years later :'( '''tAD''' (talk) 23:41, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- Added explanation of who they were.
- Identified them, altought pre-season games are hardly important.
In a slight change, I put that the Inter game was on 22 July (based off the date in the reference), change it if this was the day before and the report was written on 23 July. '''tAD''' (talk) 23:01, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- I think Guadiana Trophy ended. It was only relevant when Benfica and Sporting faced each other. Other editions were crap
I added that (in 2002) Real Madrid were the European champions, even if we do not overdetail a friendly match, it is still useful to identify how good that team was. '''tAD''' (talk) 23:01, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
Looking at the pre-season, it could be worth it to add in the signings of Peixe and Féher (RIP), as they were from a title rival, and it balances the sale of Jankauskas. '''tAD''' (talk) 23:04, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- I created a new sentence so I could add Feher. For Peixe, I won't do it, because by the time he joined Benfica he was long past it, he actually did Porto a favour.
Are Caneira and Jankauskas the only players to mention leaving? We obviously can't write all of them in the section, but there is Maniche also going to Porto, and Enke going to Barcelona. '''tAD''' (talk) 23:52, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- They were the only starters. Maniche spent the year in the B-team and Enke was benched for months, because he openly admitted he wasn't staying. I added them anyway.
November to February
- The players did not want to play between Christmas and New Year...
"jogo de barba rija" - I can guess this signifies a rough game. The metaphor doesn't translate in English. If you can explain the metaphor to me I can help you find a more accurate translation. '''tAD''' (talk) 23:31, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- Sometimes I have to be literal, because some translations are near impossible. "Barba rija" is hard to translate without losing something.
Names should be consistent. Sometimes I see full names like "Zlatko Zahovič", sometimes just his surname. Also, I see "Argel" in the matches section, and his full name in the statistics section. I would recommend surname or playing name for all players in the matches section, simply because it is shorter. (am I right in thinking he is always called "Nuno Gomes" in Portugal, never only "Gomes", because Gomes is not his real surname?) '''tAD''' (talk) 23:49, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- I've think I fix that and other concerns. Feel free to add more.--Threeohsix (talk) 09:00, 14 April 2016 (UTC)