Talk:2006 USC Trojans football team
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Should there be an attendence column as well? The Arkansas game was a record for them (76k+). They feature one in the USC media guide; also...why the coaches poll? The USC guide uses the AP Poll (since before 2003, thank you ;-) ); mainly because it stretches back to 1936. --Bobak 21:54, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I think there was some discussion at the college football wikiproject about using the coache's poll because it is part of the BCS formula. Personally, I think the AP poll is better as a single poll because (1) it has the longer history (2) it is independent - voters in the AP poll are not contract bound to vote the winner of the mythical national championship game as their final number one. The consensus at the college football wikiproject seems to now be in favor of the AP poll. I think the main thing is to pick one and be consistent. Johntex\talk 18:55, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
This article seriously needs expansion. It is October and the Trojans are number 2 in the nation and this article is effectively still a stub! Let's go Trojans! Johntex\talk 16:10, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
- I've begun trying to expand the article. I just put up a very detailed preseason section including lost starters, projected starters, actual starters, coaching changes, preseason awards, preseason rankings, recruiting, and intact streaks. I also linked the players on the roster who have pages and made some minor edits to that. I intend to put up game summaries including changes in the starting lineups and injuries, any records set in those games, and general performance. I intend to put up a section on records (school, Pac-10, and NCAA if there are any) that were set during the year be it a single-play single-game, multiple-game, season, career record that merits mention. (These will be easier in the spring when the Spring Media Guide comes out.) As for awards, I will put up the actual awards that players on this team got both national and conference. Final stats will go up after the Rose Bowl. I have decided to be ambitious and do plan to go back the last couple of years as I have most of the necessary material available to do so. Pat Maher 07:03, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
Working on it
It is nice too see a UT fan helping update a USC page, i have been updating this page as best as i can for a while now, but am also doing a Clemson 2006 page. So all help is appreciated. I am still new in wikipedia, is there any way to fix the game notes so they are not so spread out?
- Lots of good additions have been made since I last saw this anemic page. I've added more info, along with some photos I took of a few games. --Bobak 22:05, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 2006 USC Trojans football team. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070927162935/http://sportspic.vegasexperts.com/articles.asp?aid=900 to http://sportspic.vegasexperts.com/articles.asp?aid=900
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.