Talk:2008 MTV Video Music Awards
To ensure the list of performers is accurate, all artists will be removed until they appear on the official MTV VMA website.
I'm sorry, but I see a lot of technical categories listed (such as Best Direction or Best Editing) and no nominees listed in them. Were they really confirmed to exist in this year's VMA? Where can I find a link showing these categories will be at the 2008 VMAs? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:29, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- Here's where they are mentioned:  --Andresg770 (talk) 00:57, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Although it is pretty certain that Britney Spears will perform in this year's VMAs, so far she is NOT confirmed. Avril Lavigne is not confirmed either.
As for Rihanna, it seems that her official website mentioned she will perform; still, I think we should wait until MTV itself confirm the next performers. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:31, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
UMM YEA BRITNEY IS CONFIRMED TO NOT I REPEAT NOT PREFORM AT THE 2008 VMAS, I PUT THAT IN THERE WITH DOUBLE SOURCES BUT SOMEONE WAS DUMB AND TOOK IT OUT, HEY PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, STOP DELETING STUFF THAT IS TRUE AND HAS SOURCES!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Moairguard (talk • contribs) 00:19, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
Please don't put fake information in this page
Someone put a list with the supposed nominees in the technical categories; however, the links were fake. Even a Best R&B Video was made up. Please, don't put fake information in this page; if your information is true and credible, please insert a link that proves it. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:03, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
Where are the names under the Appearances section being confirmed? The 2008 VMAs official website doesn't cite any of them.
And please stop making out nominees for the technical categories, specially adding links that just show that these pages do not exist. Some "nominees" are completely out of place, such as Gimme More being "nominated" as Best Special Effects, when the video has no special effects in it... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 06:22, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
It is not confirm that Britney Spears will appear!
- Which part of the article says so? Please read the contents exactly. It only says she will be in the promo clip, which is confirmed. And also learn to sign. --PaterMcFly (talk) 06:00, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Video Vanguard Award for Britney Spears??
That's a lie! This supposed recognition for Spears was "announced" in this Wikipedia page long before August 22, just like the alleged nominees in the technical categories. And since then, no real proof was put in the page, just broken links. Someone please remove this paragraph from the Nominees section in the article; I understand that some fans of Britney Spears may be very happy for her comeback, but making out fake info like this does not help her image at all.
- I've removed the section. Should come back once the show airs. --PaterMcFly (talk) 18:48, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Other presenters and performers announced
Some of the presenters announced in the Reference 3, taken from MTV.com, are not listed in the "Presenters" section. Please add the following names to the section: Michael Phelps, Corbin Bleu, Vanessa Hudgens, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner.
MTV.com also confirmed as performers (again, this can be checked in the Reference ) the following names: DJ AM, Travis Barker, Katy Perry, T-Pain, Lupe Fiasco and The Ting Tings. They should be added to the "Performers" section (or in a section of their own, as their performances seem to be different from the traditional pattern). Thank you.
- Why are Ashley Tisdale and Zac Efron listed as individuals in the Presenters section, if there's already a mention of the High School Musical 3 cast as presenters? I think their names should be removed from the list. Also, MTV.com never confirmed Jordin Sparks as a presenter, so her name shouldn't be on the list yet. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:35, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
More Celeb Appearancess
Jordin Sparks has been confirmed as a presenter. The only HSM cast members confirmed to attend are Efron, Hudgens, Tisdale, and Bleu as well as Lucas Grabeel and Monique Coleman. Other celebs confirmed to appear:
- Danity Kane
- LL Cool J
- Tokio Hotel
- Tara Conner
- Tila Tequila
- Chace Crawford
- Selena Gomez
- Rob Dyrdek
- Fonzworth Bentley
- Real World Hollywood cast
- Demi Lovato
- Shwayze & Cisco Adler
- Ryan Sheckler
- The Hills cast
- Britney Spears
- Please stop talking nosense here. It's completelly unclear what you're intending to achieve. And this is called a fake signature and can lead to an immediate block. Please sign properly instead. (add four ~~~~ after your post. --PaterMcFly (talk) 20:36, 30 August 2008 (UTC) PS: I removed bogus entries in the above list.
Best UK Video winner
Wikipedia says Leona Lewis got the award for Best UK Video, but I didn' find any source that proves that. Can anyone please show where it was announced? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:17, 8 September 2008 (UTC)