Talk:2009 Dickies 500
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 2009 Dickies 500 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|2009 Dickies 500 has been listed as a Sports and recreation good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do. If the article no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: January 17, 2014. ( ).
|This article is written in American English (labor, traveled, realize, defense), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:2009 Dickies 500/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- "Chevrolet maintained its lead in the Manufacturers' Championship, fifty-five ahead of Toyota and eighty-nine ahead of Ford." Add that Chevrolet were 96 ahead of Dodge.
- I would remove the circuit image in this section, as there is one in the infobox.
- "Edwards, one of the drivers in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, qualified sixth" Remove "one of the drivers in the Chase for the Sprint Cup" as the reader will know he was in the Chase for the Sprint Cup in the previous sub-section. Plus, all the drivers ahead of him and Martin behind him were also competing.
- Add that Greg Biffle qualified eighth, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. ninth and Clint Bowyer tenth.
- "On lap 23, Michael McDowell drove to his garage." Any reason why? I am not too sure if this is even notable to be honest.
- "One lap later, Johnson's car was fitted with a new driveshaft." Link driveshaft.
- "On lap 134, Johnson moved back on track, however he returned to pit road eight laps later for repairs as the green flag pit stop period began." Do you know what repairs were needed?
- "After pit stops, Kyle Busch reclaimed the top position." Change top to first.
- "Edwards had also sustained a similar amount of damage to his car." May I ask how? Did he collide with the wall as well?
- "On lap 206, Reed Sorenson damaged his car, after colliding with the wall, with caused the fifth and final caution." Change with to which.
- "Hamlin, who finished second, "Hats off to Mike (Ford, crew chief) and this whole FedEx Office Camry team." Rewrite to: Hamlin, who finished second, said "Hats off to Mike (Ford, crew chief) and this whole FedEx Office Camry team."
- "Kyle Busch's crew chief Dave Rogers said of his drivers' performance" Is Dave Rogers this man? If so link him.
- The issues brought up have been dealt with @Good888: Z105space (Talk to me!) 10:55, 17 January 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on 2009 Dickies 500. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101111025735/http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/ to http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.nascar.com/2009/races/lapbylap/11/08/lap.by.lap.texas2/index.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/cup/11/10/mtruexjr.penalty.texas/index.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.