Talk:2010 FIFA World Cup qualification – UEFA Group 5
|WikiProject Football||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|To edit the group standings and fixtures: Template:2010 FIFA World Cup qualification – UEFA Group 5|
Armenia 2 – 2 Estonia
What is the correct?
- We'll use the FIFA one in the end. Which one is correct is (sadly) less relevant. Jlsa (talk) 08:42, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
FIFA report is (unusually) correct; Armenian FA site agrees with it (except for goal times, which differ slightly). But yes, Saag didn't come on until the 86th minute, so he couldn't have scored the second Estonia goal. Mjefm (talk) 16:57, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
Playoff scenarios for Spain
It appears to be a little bit more complicated than suggested, as if they clinch second via a draw it would still be possible for Turkey (who Spain have already defeated twice) to finish last in the group, leaving Spain on 13 after removing those two results. No set of results can guarantee both Spain second with a draw and Turkey not last, since if Turkey win it means Armenia must also win to guarantee second for Spain:
- Spain draw with Belgium, lose the rest (19).
- Bosnia lose to Armenia, win the rest (21).
- Turkey defeat Estonia, lose the rest (11).
- Belgium draw with Spain and Armenia, defeat Turkey, lose to Estonia (12).
- Estonia lose to Turkey, defeat Spain, lose to Bosnia, defeat Belgium (11).
- Armenia defeat Bosnia, draw with Belgium, defeat Spain and Turkey (11).
That means that they would have to have a group where second could finish with no more than 12 in order to guarantee a playoff spot; the only way that can happen is in Group 9 (where Scotland would have to fail to defeat Norway, then draw with Macedonia). PiGuy314 (talk) 16:49, 11 June 2009 (UTC)