Talk:2010 Kashmir unrest
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 2010 Kashmir unrest article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject India / Jammu and Kashmir||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
|This article is written in Indian English (colour, travelled, centre, analysed, defence), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
Renaming the article
The II in the title is not used anywhere but on Wikipedia, and most online sources refer to it as just the Quit Kashmir Movement. In order to avoid confusion with the earlier movement of 1931 (which, unfortunately does not have an article on Wikipedia yet), I propose that the year of the movement be used in the title, in either of the formats mentioned above. I'm personally in favour of the former, on the lines of 1984 anti-Sikh riots and 2008 Mumbai attacks. Regards, SBC-YPR (talk) 14:11, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
Orphaned references in Quit Kashmir Movement (2010)
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Quit Kashmir Movement (2010)'s orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "dawn.com":
- From Kashmir conflict: Kashmir policy: an overview by Shamshad Ahmad, Dawn 2004-08-05
- From Azad Kashmir: Naqash, Tariq (October 1, 2006). "'Rs1.25 trillion to be spent in Azad Kashmir': Reconstruction in quake-hit zone". Dawn. Muzaffarabad.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 21:03, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
Quit kashmir movment?
What is this Quit movment, the whole page abt movment is created as a propaganda tool, no side has called it that and no reliable media source has calle dit quit kashmir movment. This is a Encyclopedia not a propaganda machine.Mdmday (talk) 20:23, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Please note that in the shuffle, this article has been separated from its article history and talk history which is still at Quit Kashmir movement. When a decision on the name is made, this needs to be set right. Wnt (talk) 20:31, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
What is this Quit movment, the whole page abt movment is created as a propaganda tool, no side has called it that and no reliable media source has calle dit quit kashmir movment. This is a Encyclopedia not a propaganda machine.Mdmday (talk) 20:26, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
Kashmir unrest --> Kashmir uprising
I think the proper description of the events should be as uprising, not unrest. The curfew was defied on a daily basis, symbols of state power were attacked and the protesters openly called for independence from Indian rule. The response of the government was fullscale unleashing of state power over the protesters. I am going to perform this edit. If anybody has different opinion, please respond188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:12, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
File:Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh.JPG Nominated for speedy Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh.JPG, has been nominated for speedy deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Copyright violations
Don't panic; deletions can take a little longer at Commons than they do on Wikipedia. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion (although please review Commons guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
To take part in any discussion, or to review a more detailed deletion rationale please visit the relevant image page (File:Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh.JPG)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on 2010 Kashmir unrest. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130523101719/http://www.kashmirobserver.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4863:hurriyat-g-launches-quit-kashmir-stir-with-hartal&catid=15:top-news&Itemid=2 to http://www.kashmirobserver.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4863:hurriyat-g-launches-quit-kashmir-stir-with-hartal&catid=15:top-news&Itemid=2
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=2&article_id=119238
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.hindu.com/2010/09/16/stories/2010091665151200.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Kashmir:-Muslims-try-to-burn-a-Christian-school-(only-in-name)-19476.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2010/09/18/Death-toll-100-in-Kashmir-demonstrations/UPI-20921284814518/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.hindustantimes.com/rssfeed/india/Kashmir-crisis-Hurriyat-invited-to-meet-team-of-MPs/Article1-601516.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.