Talk:2014 Ohio State Buckeyes football team
|WikiProject College football||(Rated B-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Ohio||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
Days of the week are not included in college football schedules.
Just look at 2013 Ohio State Buckeyes football team, 2014 Alabama Crimson Tide football team, 2014 Florida Gators football team and 2013 Florida State Seminoles football team. To call my removal of the days of the week when they are not included, WP:Vandalism is absolutely absurd. They should be removed immediately.UCO2009bluejay (talk) 05:05, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- To answer the question you posted at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject College football#Days of the week do or don't belong in schedules?, the example at Wikipedia:WikiProject College football/Yearly team pages format does not show the day of the week, but it also doesn't specifically forbid it. The dates in the example chart are also Wikified, however, which is something we typically don't do in articles. Also, there are differences in date format (September 14 vs 09/14/2006 for example) in the talk page (which doesn't discuss the matter). To be totally honest, I don't really think it matters and at first glance, there doesn't seem to be a guideline about whether or not having the days of the week listed with the date is preferred/discouraged. Having them there doesn't clutter the charts, nor does their absence really make a difference. It may simply be a case of whatever gets there first unless some other consensus is arrived at for the Wikiproject in general. The fact that some articles lack them does not mean they aren't allowed. Unless you can cite a specific guideline, referencing a few other articles is more an example of WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS. --JonRidinger (talk) 05:28, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- @JonRidinger: I will, in principle, agree with your assessment. To your point, "It may simply be a case of whatever gets there first unless some other consensus is arrived at for the Wikiproject in general." What I had a problem with is an IP who claimed my revert was vandalism when they were the first one to add it two days ago, . If the wikiproject agrees or disagrees I will stand by their decision. It isn't that WP:Idontlikeit in the schedule. It is a consistency issue.-UCO2009bluejay (talk) 06:33, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- Is the day of the week relevant enough to force us to pull out a calendar and verify the day is written correctly? I say no to the day; date is sufficient.—Bagumba (talk) 08:00, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
The highlighted area of the infobox is for championships, not for listing rivalry trophy winners. Having a physical trophy doesn't make it something that should be listed any more than we would list winning the games with Michigan and Penn State in the championship section. When schools list championships, they typically don't mention rivalry wins with that; they mention bowl games, division, league, and national championships. --JonRidinger (talk) 15:06, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 2014 Ohio State Buckeyes football team. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141211011715/http://cfp-cms-s3-prod.slcfp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/CFP-Final-Top-25.pdf to http://cfp-cms-s3-prod.slcfp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/CFP-Final-Top-25.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.