|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article was provided with references by an Unreferenced articles project volunteer on 2008-07-02. If you edit this page, please build on the good work by citing your sources.|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include Paid contribution disclosure, Conflict of interest, Autobiography, and Neutral point of view.|
Contesting the deletion of this article
Article is about a hip hop artist who has a single currently on the CHR/Rhythmic Top 40 chart. The article was previously deleted, yes, but it was poorly written without any references. This rewrite has information from the record label (Universal) and is being written per WP:MOS. Also, you'll notice that another editor has listed references in this article, which I will personally review and note them inline within the article. --InDeBiz1 (talk) 22:48, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- You need to make at least an assertion of why the band is notable first thing when making an article. (1 == 2)Until 22:57, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- I read the above comment, what I don't see is that assertion of notability in the article, mention the position in the charts. To avoid speedy deletion an assertion of notability must be made in the article. It looks like the speedy template was removed to give you time to work on it anyways. Good luck. (1 == 2)Until 23:04, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
Please reread and comprehend above critique. Subject is still very much irrelevant and not a true publice figure/notable persoanality ona broad level. He is not suitable for the standards typically displayed by Wikipedia. I have lived my whole in Tarpon Springs and NEVER heard of this person let alone on a national famous level. Seems to be nothing but a well referenced self promotion.
- WP:IDONTKNOWIT is not a reason for an article to be suggested for deletion. Notability of this subject has already been established, per WP:MUSIC. --InDeBiz1 (talk) 00:47, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
As explained in the policy introduction, merely being true, or even verifiable, does not automatically make something suitable for inclusion in the encyclopedia. This is self promotion at best.
- It can't be "self promotion" if it wasn't written by the subject of the article. --InDeBiz1 (talk) 17:20, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
It was quite obviously written by the subject, you. #2 is a joke the chart that the single was on is not a legitimate one. Not billboard or rolling stone or pollstar = not legit. Say what you want but your not famour in de biz...whatever —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:40, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, let me just say this.... the official charts that represent radio airplay are A) Nielsen BDS, B) Radio and Records, and C) Mediabase 24/7. This artist's lead single, "She Got It," charted on all three of those, as high as #2 on the CHR/Rhythmic chart. Therefore, notability is established under criteria #2 of WP:MUSIC. I also find it amusing that you insist that I am the subject of the article. Have you bothered to read my user page? Have you bothered to check my contributions to the encyclopedia?
- Yeah, I thought so. --InDeBiz1 (talk) 22:31, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
fair enough, you obviously are the real deal. this subject however I disagree on. Maybe the standard is the problem. anyhow problem is mine. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:03, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
2 Pistols is a well known artist globally, but his biography reference leads us to his own website. Link us to the universal website and it won't look like self-promo.Jessica1214 (talk) 20:07, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 2 Pistols. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131126180037/http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=SEARCH_RESULTS&action=&title=&artist=2_Pistols&format=SINGLE&debutLP=&category=&sex=&releaseDate=&requestNo=&type=&level=&label=&company=&certificationDate=&awardDescription=&catalogNo=&aSex=&rec_id=&charField=&gold=&platinum=&multiPlat=&level2=&certDate=&album=&id=&after=&before=&startMonth=1&endMonth=1&startYear=1958&endYear=2009&sort=Artist&perPage=25 to http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=SEARCH_RESULTS&action=&title=&artist=2_Pistols&format=SINGLE&debutLP=&category=&sex=&releaseDate=&requestNo=&type=&level=&label=&company=&certificationDate=&awardDescription=&catalogNo=&aSex=&rec_id=&charField=&gold=&platinum=&multiPlat=&level2=&certDate=&album=&id=&after=&before=&startMonth=1&endMonth=1&startYear=1958&endYear=2009&sort=Artist&perPage=25
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.