Talk:89th Military Police Brigade (United States)
|89th Military Police Brigade (United States) has been listed as one of the Warfare good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 89th Military Police Brigade (United States) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This review is transcluded from Talk:89th Military Police Brigade (United States)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
First read through suggests that a good copyedit and check for neutrality is needed
- Please check spelling, lots of mistakes. Please check capitalisation: brigade, corps, military police etc. seem to be caps or lowercase almost at random. Eg consecutive sentences The brigade is subordinate to... and The Brigade contains...
Is "headquarters" a verb – several occurrences of headquartered?
- Regular Army is a disamb page Done
- activated as a group what's a group - no link or gloss, and I don't know in this context?
- However, as the brigade was a supporting unit, it never saw combat. However, it Done
- However, it did receive every single campaign streamer that was awarded for Vietnam sercive. (sic) didn’t any other units get any? Done
- Post Cold War Hyphen? Done
- support of US Army missions everywhere really? Done
- Joint Task Force is a disamb page Done
- Rhode Island National Guard is a disamb page Done
"Operation Iraqi Freedom" quotation marks?In some articles it's written between quotes, but inconsistent, so probably OK as is.
- Iraqi Theater caps suggest there's a play showing Done
- multiple casualties, two (or four if you count non-combat) is stretching the meaning of multiple - bit pov Done
- Williiam Steele was acquitted of aiding the enemy, but sentenced to 2 years confinement on other charges. pov/careless Done
- Second read
- item 1 above still needs doing - if you use Firefox, it's worth downloading an in-line dictionary to help pick up typos.
- item 4 still to be done Done
- earning every campaign streamer. - fixed in text, but not intro Done
- Brigade....was in charge of over 5,000 military police soldiers reads oddly to me, comprised maybe Done
- ref 1 doesn't say it's published by Fort Hood staff, but does have an apparent author "Site maintained by SGT Stephenson" Done
- ref 4 is an Excel worksheet, should indicate that in ref since not html
- ref 7 - why is this a reliable source "Gilflink.mil" give no indication of publisher? Done
- My mistake- I linked to the list which is actually part of gulflink.mil, part of the US Military Force Health Protection and Readiness program. Link to the website's main page here.
- Gilmore ref has no title and is missing final ] Done
- ref 11 for William Steele is out-of -date, we know the results of the trial now Done
- Is it possible to give a ref each for the "honors" and "streamers" sections? Done
- That's everything now, jimfbleak (talk) 06:12, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
I did a final copy edit - mostly dropping incorrect capitalisation, two typos, changed "theatre" back to "theater" (unless you prefer the British spelling?) and changed the link for that word to point to the warfare use rather than the playhouse! OK, let's do it.
- It is reasonably well written.
- a (prose): b (MoS):
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on 89th Military Police Brigade (United States). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090307030334/http://pao.hood.army.mil/89thMPBde/index.htm to http://pao.hood.army.mil/89thmpbde/index.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080518225912/http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/jun2007/a060507tj1.html to http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/jun2007/a060507tj1.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.