|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the A-flat major article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Music theory||(Rated Start-class)|
30-May-2007: In 2006/2007, Wikipedia images required both attributes "thumb|250px" to show a caption, as in:
[[Image:MyPhoto.jpg|thumb|250px|right| My picture.]]
By itself, size "250px" ignores the caption "My picture" (confusing many people), which is considered bad form in computer languages (should warn & be corrected rather than ignore). Just remember to include "thumb" (or "frame") for a caption in an image-link.
Image hints in 2007:
- Limit most images to "thumb|300px" to avoid crowded text-wrapping.
- A small image followed directly by a big image often chops text.
- To resize larger than the original ("oversizing"), omit "thumb" (oversized images cannot have captions in 2007, yet).
- Beware "left|thumb" (for "right|"), because left-side images appear immediately to left of the text.
- Most images (99.99%) should be quick JPEG for rapid display.
- Avoid resizing PNG images (2007): might become 10x larger resized.
Overall, omitting "thumb" is the most common problem.
There are many formatting issues in the Wiki software (used worldwide), with a long list of problems to fix, but in the software world, errors often persist, only to be upstaged by a totally radical new software version, rather than just fixing the irritating problems fast. Note that numerous software systems (not just Wiki) have frustrating issues for years. -Wikid77 16:31, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
"When set to modern A440 tuning, the key is said to have a peaceful and stately or serene feel."
According to whom? Also, in modern A440 tuning, i.e. equal temperament, the difference between keys is not what it used to be. I think statements like this should be deleted. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:28, 1 May 2013 (UTC)