Talk:ABC World News Tonight
|WikiProject Television||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / American Television||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Australia Broadcasts WNT Weekdays on Sky News Channel Mike 04:37, 23 December 2005 (UTC)
One paragraph in this article is identical to the Peter Jennings article by every word. It doesnt give much more information to be gained from reading the Peter Jennings article. Im going to remove some of this information, and hopefully somone with more knowledge in the topic can post some more information into it, rather then just repeat what has already been said in other articles. -Plasticman
variety of anchors?
If I remember clearly, I think the only anchors that filled in for Peter Jennings before his death were Elizabeth Vargas, Charles Gibson, Bob Woodruff, and maybe Terry Moran. I don't exactly call that a variety. -Jonyyeh
Does anybody know how I can fix that toolbar that has links to all the anchors of WNT? There are mistakes (Reynolds is listed twice; Young directs to the wrong article). Thanks. Thistheman 03:11, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Fixed. Note that the "Bob Young" link is now red due to the nonexistence of an article on the news anchor. Also, Reynolds was listed twice due to his two differenciating hosting timeframes, however this is not a good format. To perform your own edits on templates such as those, follow the following link, replacing the template name with the desired template : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:ABCEveningNewsAnchors. — CRAZY`(IN)`SANE 03:19, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Awesome. I was trying to find the link to that template alone, but for some reason it just wasn't coming up. Thanks for the fix; it looks much better now. Thistheman 03:27, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
"World News with Charles Gibson" title
Because this article also has content on "World News Saturday" and "World News Sunday", I would prefer its title be something more generic like "World News" or "ABC's World News". But since the title was only changed recently, I might wait to see what eventually becomes the common name used by most people. Zzyzx11 (Talk) 22:55, 24 July 2006 (UTC)
- Funny, IMDB currently still uses the title "ABC Evening News"; scroll down to the "Also known as"... Zzyzx11 (Talk) 23:14, 24 July 2006 (UTC)
- ABC World News is a better title IMO. - Mike Beckham 04:35, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
- Now with the announcement that Diane Sawyer is taking over in 2010, I really, really would prefer a generic title. We should not have a situation where the title of this article needs to change everytime somebody takes over the anchor desk (unless this page is split). Zzyzx11 (talk) 15:57, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
World News has come from all the way back at no. 3 to now become the leading broadcast evening news program (mid-Feb. '07). This should be mentioned. -Amit
Fair use rationale for Image:WNT HIRES 47W2 Hallway.jpg
Image:WNT HIRES 47W2 Hallway.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 04:56, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Every monday in july 2008 WN will be broadcasting with limited commercials but y'all tell me if that is noteworthy. Googolme* 14:03, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
This article is currently under pending changes. Please remember that any content regarding criticism during Diane Sawyer's tenure must be verifiable and cited, using a reliable source. Thank you for your cooperation. Zzyzx11 (talk) 21:40, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
New article title
As I stated above, I still prefer a generic title for this article, without the primary weeknight anchor. We should not have a situation where the title of this article is radically changed every time somebody takes over the anchor desk (unless this page is split, separating the weeknight editions from the weekend ones). In addition, somebody else anchors the weekend editions, so it is not always "ABC World News with [PRIMARY WEEKNIGHT NEWS ANCHOR]" or "ABC World News Tonight with [PRIMARY WEEKNIGHT NEWS ANCHOR]". This is consistent with the concise titles of the CBS Evening News and the NBC Nightly News pages. Its not "CBS Evening News with Cronkite/Rather/Couric/Pelley/etc." or "NBC Nightly News with Chancellor/Brokaw/Williams/etc.". Zzyzx11 (talk) 04:35, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
- After examining the page move logs, apparently an editor moved ABC World News to ABC World News Tonight with David Muir as a "quick switch". I assume that at the time this user could not move the page directly to ABC World News Tonight because of the technical reason that was already an existing page there (a redirect back to this article). As I have administrator privilege, I have treated this as a uncontroversial technical request, and moved the page to ABC World News Tonight. If there are objections, and believe "with David Muir" should be in the title, please consider requested moves, because that will now be considered as "controversial" per the reasons I previously stated. Cheers. Zzyzx11 (talk) 05:15, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on ABC World News Tonight. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100118210159/http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/abc/charlie_gibson_wnts_temporary_permanent_replacement_33753.asp to http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/abc/charlie_gibson_wnts_temporary_permanent_replacement_33753.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.