|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the AF2 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Xtreme Football League
First off, the link provided to the Xtreme Football League directs back to af2, so that should be fixed. Also, there should be a clarification that the Xtreme Football League is not the XFL.
I removed the Cincinnati Marshalls from the listings. This is not the new Cincinnati af2 franchise; they are a part of the NIFL.
Baker's Vision needs revision
The entire Baker's Vision section is out of date, and the majority of it is unnecessary. We don't need to list each year's expansion teams. At most, showing a team count by year would suffice. Also, numbers over ten should be written numerically, not alphabetically.
We need to get this section cleaned up. It should only contain cities that are verifiable as having been mentioned for af2 teams either through press conferences or through newspaper articles. Nolesrule 17:36, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed. If it is not verifiable, it should not be on the list. As it is, I could say that Smalltown population 3 in Montana is a possible expansion. I recommend that we delete the entire section except those that can be shown to be looking into acquiring a team. WeatherManNX01 18:17, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
- I have removed a number of the speculated cities from the list in the process of correcting team and city listings by an anonymous user who was changing things for no apparent reason, including adding teams to expansion that were speculation or have been withdrawn (Alaska Wild). Nolesrule 06:58, 10 November 2006 (UTC)
- I moved Fort Wayne back to "Rumored to Play" because they have not been formally announced as a 2007 expansion team. They were also listed as the Fusion, which has also not been announced. WeatherManNX01 21:03, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
Please do not add cities to the possible expansion list without providing at least a link to a newspaper reference. Any addtional cities added to the list without reference will be removed. I follow this subject closely. Nolesrule 20:02, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
- Okay, who died and made you admin? If you wanted to have total power, you should have accepted my nomination. As it is, there are several unsourced cities as it is. So mind your own business, please. Tom Danson 22:19, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- I have no desire to be an admin, but if you look, the date on my most recent comment on this subject in the talk area was 2 months ago. There needs to be some control over the possible expansion list, otherwise what's the point? You could add every city that has an arena that can seat 6,000 or more. And as you can see, at least one other person agreed with me. Nolesrule 01:25, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
The 2007 schedule and divisional realignment was released today.  WeatherManNX01 23:57, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
Team name changes
Page name change
What exactly was the point of changing the page name form "Af2" to "AF2"? It's really "af2" and was only set to "Af2" because all wiki article names must atart with a cap letter. Nolesrule 07:21, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
AFL Team Affiliations
What AFL teams are affiliated with which AFL2 teams? Everyeditcounts 23:21, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
- There are no affiliations, although there may be crossover ownership. Nolesrule 03:43, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
2008 team list
af2.com has updated their team list, and the Cincinnati Jungle Kats are not on it. Austin, Lexington, Iowa and Peoria are on the new list, and an unnamed Albuquerque is still on the list as a carryover from last year, but it is unknown if they will be playing. None of the other 2008 rumored teams have made the list as of yet. Nolesrule 03:45, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
2010 Leagues and Teams
Given the state of uncertainty of which teams will be playing in af2 this year and the rumored two-league system following the AFL's suspension, let's keep the edits to teams and such to a minimum until we know for sure who is playing where and for what league in which year. It will do no good to have edit-warring over who supposedly is or is not folded/suspended/leaving/joining/creating a new league until we have all the information available to us.WeatherManNX01 (talk) 22:29, 9 September 2009 (UTC)