Talk:AT&T Wireless Services
|WikiProject United States||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
/merger with at&t mobitilyBoth AT&T Wireless and Verizon Wireless are listed as the largest company. I propose that both company's listings be modified to state "one of the largest". Alternately, does one company have the largest number of employees, largest valuation, largest volume of yearly revenue, largest amount of cash on hand, largest as a metric of office space measured in square feet. "The largest" without specific metrics assigned necesitates that the company must be the largest in every context so as to mitigate ambiguity.
Riccibobi 02:39, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
This should be merged with Cingular Wireless. --Wesman83 17:24, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
- No, for the same reason American Telephone & Telegraph Company isn't part of AT&T, or US West part of Qwest. 18:33, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
Irrelevant and misleading sentence
The last sentence of the first paragraph reads: " In late 2005, SBC (the majority partner in Cingular) acquired AT&T Corp., and renamed the combined company AT&T, Inc.."
If this article was about AT&T Corp., this might be relevant sentence. But this article is about a different company, AT&T Wireless, and SBC's acquisition of AT&T Corp really has nothing to do with AT&T Wireless. (It makes it sound like SBC purchased AT&T Wireless.)
Jayintheusa 05:45, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- Common problem. Look at the US Airways and America West articles. Takes a lot of work to try and keep the stuff in the correct places. Vegaswikian 23:19, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Rogers AT&T.png
Image:Rogers AT&T.png is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 04:31, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
- This article is about AT&T Wireless Services, not about "the new" AT&T, it was bought by Cingular and no longer exists, so you would expect the logo to predate the end of Cingular. --Squiggleslash 16:35, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
what are the frequencies for ATT
I know there native frequency is 850 MHz and from what I am aware of ATT sold there 1900 MHz (1.9ghz) to t-mobile
AWE stock prices
AT&T is one of the worst mobile carriers that you could ever choose for so many different reasons.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on AT&T Wireless Services. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050311030054/http://www.internationalreports.net:80/theamericas/barbados/2003/att.html to http://www.internationalreports.net/theamericas/barbados/2003/att.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070702220137/http://money.cnn.com:80/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/AQF70029062007-1.htm to http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/AQF70029062007-1.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked