Talk:Aberdeen Proving Ground
|WikiProject United States / Superfund||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Google Maps shows that there are four airfields (or former airfields) within Aberdeen Proving Grounds. If there are separate articles about these, I couldn't find them. I was tempted to place this article within Category:Airports in Maryland, but there is currently no mention in this article about any airport facilities. Thanks, -- Gyrofrog (talk) 17:07, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- List of airports in Maryland links to Phillips Army Airfield, but it is a redirect to this article (which doesn't mention airfields). Weide Army Airfield is a redlink. -- Gyrofrog (talk) 17:09, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Notice of requested move
It has been proposed to move Aberdeen to Aberdeen, Scotland or Aberdeen city, and to move Aberdeen (disambiguation) to Aberdeen. The discussion about this is here. --Una Smith (talk) 16:42, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
I don't have time or knowledge to put these things here, but I wanted to leave this for someone to peruse. http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/02/15/bz.study.pdf and http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/02/15/human.test.subjects.-.edgewood.ketchum.lsd.study.pdf Those are two unclassified documents talking about how human test subjects were used to test chemical weapons in the 60s. I feel like this is something that should be known and this is a reputable source coming from the people who did it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:15, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Under the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) program announced in 2005, APG is projected to lose the Ordnance School and associated R&D facilities with 3862 military and 290 civilian jobs moving to Fort Lee, Virginia. APG will gain 451 military and 5,661 civilian jobs from Fort Monmouth, New Jersey. There is a net loss of 3,411 military jobs under BRAC and a net gain of 5,371 civilian jobs."
How is this a controversy? it's a done deal and the move planning is well underway. It is important information about the Ordnance School but I don't see how it is a controversy. DMorpheus (talk) 17:05, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- While BRAC decisions were (and continue to be considered) controversial, I take DMorpheus's point that in the context of this article on APG, there is no controversy. How it affects APG is of note, of course, so the information (with NPOV) should remain in the article. I've edited the layout accordingly. - Thaimoss (talk) 14:15, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
- There has been an ongoing controversy about the 2005 BRAC and the move from Monmouth to APG, though it's just not reflected in this article. There's a section under Fort Monmouth that explains it, at the bottom: Fort_Monmouth#Closure_by_BRAC. Rurik (talk) 14:22, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Secure area and Tank Mile
The secure area is mentioned in passing, but deserves more discussion as this is where the base actually functions. There's no mention at all of the Tank Mile? —Preceding unsigned comment added by TreacherousWays (talk • contribs) 21:34, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
Public Domain Source for Human Experimentation
Edgewood Arsenal Chemical Agent Exposure Studies 1955-1975Johnvr4 (talk) 17:02, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Aberdeen Proving Ground. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070118024420/http://www.ordmusfound.org:80/overview.html to http://www.ordmusfound.org/overview.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.