|WikiProject Biology||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Ecology||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Would it make sense to add a link to Abiogenesis in this article, considering that abiotic processes may have contributed to form an environment suitable for abiogenesis to eventually occur (in a sense the occurence of life, biotic, from non-life, abiotic)? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:39, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- No objection having been raised so far, I have added links to Biotic component and to Abiogenesis. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:44, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
Minerals / Vitamins
Would minerals (not bound to an organic substance) be considered biotic or abiotic? The same question is for vitamins, though their nature would seem to be biotic, might there be some that are abiotic?
- They are abiotic chemicals present in the environment. Living organisms use them. If vitamins and minerals were generated by living things, then those chemicals would be biotic, but they are not. Cheers, BatteryIncluded (talk) 16:19, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Abiotic component. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130608071757/http://www.eoearth.org/article/Abiotic_factor?topic=49461 to http://www.eoearth.org/article/Abiotic_factor?topic=49461
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050425160041/http://www.botany.uwc.ac.za/SCI_ED/grade10/ecology/abiotic/abiot.htm to http://www.botany.uwc.ac.za/sci_ed/grade10/ecology/abiotic/abiot.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.