|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Abrahamic religions article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 3 months may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
what about mormons?
- From an anthropological perspective, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is covered under Christianity. Then there's the issue of due weight: Mormons make up less than 1% of Christians worldwide. That they are mentioned in a single sentence while Baptists and Methodists are not is actually unbalanced. While Rastafari is smaller, they are typically regarded as a distinct religion. If we were going to argue (which we're not going to because Wikipedia doesn't promote any belief and doesn't use original research) that Mormon theology renders them distinct enough from mainstream Christianity that they should be treated separately, then portions of Mormon cosmology (particularly the plurality of Gods, of which the God of this world is just part of a cycle) would place Mormonism completely outside of Abrahamic monotheism. Ian.thomson (talk) 00:00, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Islam's creator cannot trace his bloodline to Abraham.
That being said this intro to Abrahamic religions is inaccurate and must be edited . Abrahamic religions, emphasizing and tracing their common origin to the tribal patriarch Abraham.I will ad supporting facts shortly I have to move the motorcoach . — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kaosktrl (talk • contribs) 13:25, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
- The overwhelming majority of Christians aren't descendants of Shem, let alone Abraham -- I'd ask "what's your point?" but Wikipedia is not a pulpit for your beliefs and we do not want your research. All we do is cite and summarize professionally-published mainstream academic or journalistic sources, without commentary. Ian.thomson (talk) 13:32, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
The following sentence seems wrong to me:
As of 2005, estimates classified 54% (3.6 billion people) of the world's population as adherents of an Abrahamic religion, about 32% as adherents of other religions, and 16% as adherents of no organized religion.
Firstly, I guess it actually means either:
1. As of 2005, estimates classified 54% (3.6 billion people) of the world's population as adherents of an Abrahamic religion, about 32% as adherents of other religions, and 16% as not adhering to any religion.
2. As of 2005, estimates classified 54% (3.6 billion people) of the world's religious people as adherents of an Abrahamic religion, about 32% as adherents of other organized religions, and 16% as adherents of religions without a specific organization.
- It was probably compiled for List of religious populations that uses http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html as a citation. Richard-of-Earth (talk) 19:39, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Abrahamic religions. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.eurospanbookstore.com/display.asp?K=9780815630975&ds=Islam&sf1=bic2_subj_code&st1=HRH%2A&sort=sort_date%2Fd&m=79&dc=232
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090823055532/http://www.soundvision.com/info/halalhealthy/halal.kosher.asp to http://www.soundvision.com/info/halalhealthy/halal.kosher.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.