Talk:Academic regalia of Harvard University

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search


It seems that this should be moved to Academic regalia of Harvard University to be consistent with Academic regalia in the United States. Either that, or the general American article should be moved to academic dress. Any thoughts? --dave-- 13:25, 2 April 2011 (UTC)

On the other hand, all of the other articles of this type are called "Academic dress of ___" and I think there's a lot to be said for maintaining a consistent naming convention. Perhaps a sensible compromise would be to set up a page Academic regalia of Harvard University which redirects to the existing page. -- Nicholas Jackson (talk) 20:53, 2 April 2011 (UTC)
I agree that moving everything to "Academic dress of ___" would make the most sense. Outside of scholarly academic dress circles, most Americans refer to AD as academic regalia. Since that is already the title of one article, I thought there might be a precedent for keeping it. --dave-- 21:27, 2 April 2011 (UTC)
I'd vote for moving it to regalia, per WP:TIES. "Regalia" is the standard word used in American English, and the titles of the articles should reflect usage in the appropriate country. Antony–22 (talkcontribs) 05:28, 5 April 2011 (UTC)


I'd do it, but I lack the time right now...

Can someone move the image of the Harvard hood to the commons?--dave-- 15:22, 17 April 2011 (UTC)

Never mind...I found the time...--dave-- 13:20, 18 April 2011 (UTC)

New Image[edit]

Four Harvard master's hoods

I found this image on Flickr and uploaded it to commons. Hopefully we can find a use for it here.--dave-- 18:34, 20 April 2011 (UTC)

Nice find! I've added it to the article. Antony–22 (talkcontribs) 19:40, 20 April 2011 (UTC)

Please decode the gowns in this image[edit]

Harvard Class of 2015 graduates in Harvard Yard.jpg

Thanks! EEng (talk) 03:38, 3 June 2015 (UTC)