Disclosure: I work for Acoustiblok Inc.
This article was created in response to our discovery of the Quietrock article, which describes a product that directly competes with Acoustiblok in the market. If the Acoustiblok article meets criteria for deletion from Wikipedia, the Quietrock article should also meet criteria for deletion.
In writing the article, I did my best to maintain NPOV, to cite claims with direct links to 3rd party sources, and provide information of general interest regarding the sound abatement technology in question. I believe I did at least as good a job as the Quietrock folks. All we really want is to increase access to information about sound abatement technologies, and a level playing field.
From the Wikipedia criteria for speedy deletion: "Advertisements or spam: These may be subject to deletion, but not speedy deletion. There is often a chance to replace them with an NPOV version instead." 
Quiet Please 16:42, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
- Well, to be fair, I'm going to put a Proposed Deletion tag on the other one too. Both of these articles are unsourced. See Wikipedia:Reliable sources. --Xyzzyplugh 22:38, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
- Clearly, this is going to be a tad bit more complicated than I expected, but I am confident that we can arrive at an article that meets Wikipedia citation criteria.
- I believe that the Underwriters Laboratories, Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories, and Institute for Research in Construction citations are unassailable; all are subject to quality assurance processes for laboratory work, enforced by international standards bodies. Test reports from these organizations, which can be verified with the issuing parties by their report numbers, are linked for direct download.
- Most statements about architectural acoustics can be sourced to a book already cited, Architectural Acoustics by M. David Egan, a very highly regarded textbook often used as a field manual by acousticians. Other citations can be found as needed; I am very confident that the article is defensible.
- Before we are done, I will know how to write a very solid article to Wikipedia standards, so thanks for your prompt attention. I will be reworking the article within the next couple of days.
- Just some info - The Proposed Deletion tag on the article will cause it to be deleted in 5 days from the time the tag was put in place. You (or anyone) can remove this tag at any time before then if you disagree that it should be deleted. You don't have to wait for anyone's permission to remove the tag. On the other hand, if the Proposed Deletion tag is removed and the article is not considered to be in acceptable shape, someone may well use another deletion method, probably Wikipedia:Articles for deletion (this method involves people voting on whether or not an article should be deleted over a period of 5 days). Probably the best thing to do is to fix the article up over the next few days, then remove the Proposed Deletion tag. --Xyzzyplugh 12:52, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Acoustiblok. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060718081342/http://ulstandardsinfonet.ul.com:80/scopes/0263.html to http://ulstandardsinfonet.ul.com/scopes/0263.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060622221616/http://www.inceusa.org:80/usa.asp to http://www.inceusa.org/usa.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.