|WikiProject Molecular and Cell Biology||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Animal anatomy||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Is there any evidence of a blood gene in the sperm, or any evidence of blood whatsoever??
the acrosome reaction page needs to be fixed, as it looks to be vadalized, and is definitely not correct...
Note: there are significant errors in this figure!...
what is wrong with the figure???
and shouldnt you place the coments here??LadyofHats 21:38, 14 June 2006 (UTC).
Copyright examination has been requested for the material described below. If you are confident that the material is free of copyright concerns based on Fair Use or other considerations, feel free to add it directly to the article. If you do so, or alternatively if you believe it cannot legally be added, please post your analysis below.
- One problem with the figure is that it violates copyright! This figure is a slight modification of another figure on the web. "Derived works" that are obviously taken from other copyrighted material are not permitted. Second, it has factual errors. 1. The sea urchin acrosome is spherical. 2. There is no good evidence for hydrolytic enzymes in sea urchin acrosomes. 3. The acrosomal process is the finger-like projection that forms when actin polymerizes. 4. The sperm plasma membrane should be shown covering the acrosomal process. 5. Cortical granules should not be drawn at the site of the entering sperm, as they have undergone exocytosis by the time the sperm enters. 6. The material labeled "cortical granule membrane" is actually the released cortical granule contents. The membrane becomes part of the plasma membrane of the egg. (See the figure that you plagiarized this from for the correct label.) 7. The vitelline layer should be shown elevating from the egg surface after cortical granule breakdown. So - the figure is basically a mess.RalphS 14:54, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- the image i did is based on 3 diferent images on 3 diferent sources named: [] , [],and []. the version you see i did convining the 3 of them. i did not retrace or copy them but tryed to have the same elements. in form and interaxion with eachtoher as i understood it on the text. this is by itself a new image and no copyright violation. if you want a diferent more acurate image i can change it .but for that i need more references.. do you have any?
1.- apart from the images i have shown you there. i found no other image from a sea urchid. less from its acrosome. i will work on the image and make it spherical. 2,3,4.- i do not know myself on the subject, i am an ilustrator. do you know a more acurate image. do you have the name of a good book? i work with references and those you saw were the only ones i found. i would gladly have more acurate ones. 5.- that i can change. i will do so together with 1 6.- will fix it too 7.- will be fixed.
As i said before i do not plagiarize. . i dont say my work is perfect either, i am open for everyone to correct it and improve it... i would be really glad if you can offer me better sources. but i will ask you please stop insulting me or my work. i will submit the problem in WP:CP and will let hem deside anyway i will do the changes you sugested in between LadyofHats 16:11, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- Hola Mariana. May be these: http://www.dls.ym.edu.tw/lesson3/fert.htm and http://www.jcb.org/cgi/reprint/25/2/81 will help. The first one is in Chinese but the images are quit revealing. The second one is from a peer reviewed journal (Franklin, J. Cell Biol. 25(2): 81) Lycaon 10:41, 17 June 2006 (UTC)
- thankyou. those seem quite nice images, i will work on the diagram and reload it when it is done.LadyofHats 22:19, 18 June 2006 (UTC).
- The image has been changed please check it and let me know your opinion :).LadyofHats 22:35, 19 June 2006 (UTC)