|Ideal sources for Wikipedia's health content are defined in the guideline Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources (medicine) and are typically review articles. Here are links to possibly useful sources of information about Adrenocortical carcinoma.
|WikiProject Medicine / Dermatology||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
- Rustavo suggested a merge between adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC) and adrenal cancer.
- Oppose. Pheochromocytoma has a separate article. So, merging adrenocortical carcinoma into adrenal cancer doesn't make sense to me without also merging pheochromocytoma. ACCs and pheochromocytomas are quite different--when one considers the symptoms, pathophysiology and prognosis. I think they ought to be separate and I think adrenal cancer ought to be trimmed into a disambig-like article that links to pheochromocytoma ACC, neuroblastoma et cetera. Nephron T|C 22:26, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
- Comment I think you misunderstood my proposal, Nephron, since what you propose is nearly identical to what I suggested on Talk:Adrenal cancer. Perhaps I should have posted my rationale on both pages. You'll note that I put an "other page merge into this page" tag on this page, which was meant to suggest that we merge the ACC-specific material from Adrenal cancer to this page, leaving adrenal cancer, as you suggest, as a dismabig page (although I think perhaps adrenal tumor is a more appropriate title). -RustavoTalk/Contribs 05:29, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
- Comment. "Adrenal cancer" is a generic term, including both adrenocortical carcinoma, phaeochromocytoma, and others. Therefore "Adrenal cancer" should a brief article, listing the different sub-types with appropriate wikilinks. Much of the text from the current article could indeed be merged into Adrenocortical carcinoma. Axl 19:18, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- OK, but I still think adrenal cancer is a poor title choice for the disambiguation page. The term "cancer" is synonymous with malignant disease, but only about 10% of adrenal pheochromocytomas are malignant - the vast majority are benign neoplasms (which can still cause life-threatening hyperadrenergism of course). A higher percentage (20-40%) of extra-adrenal pheos are malignant, but of course, those aren't well adressed by the title "adrenal cancer" either. So I continue to propose we move the adrenocortical carcinoma material from that page to this one, and create a new disambiguation page titled "Adrenal tumor". Of couse, we can also have a link to, or (in the absence of a page) a short blub on adrenocortical adenoma, which is more common than either of the above mentioned disorders, and is a major problem in the modern imaging era.-RustavoTalk/Contribs 02:08, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
- Oppose. (By use of the "merge" tag, I take it to mean the intent is that this page goes away or becomes a disambiguation page.) I think it is important to have a small general overview page on adrenal cancer (or adrenal tumors) that gives the average person a good overview of the topic. That's what I came here looking for. I think the following site did a good job on giving me an overview: http://www.urologychannel.com/adrenalcancer/. I do not think a disambiguation page is sufficient. --Ishi Gustaedr 14:11, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
OK, so I felt funny about doing this, since the above responses to my proposal consisted of two oppose and one comment. However, the actual text of all three comments seemed to be in general agreeement with my proposal, so I went ahead and did it anyway. No one gave a rationale for why "adrenal cancer" is a more appropriate title than "adrenal tumor" for a summary page on four major tumors, two of which are never or uncommonly malignant. So I merged the (unreferenced) content from Adrenal cancer into Adrenocortical carcinoma and created a new summary page, adrenal tumor, to which adrenal cancer is now a redirect. I hope everyone finds the result satisfactory - I'll go back and work on this page specifically in the near future. -RustavoTalk/Contribs 02:46, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Just a small point. Is it possible to hyperlink the Conn's Syndrome as mentioned in the Signs and Symptoms section? Though it might be helpful for others.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 00:01, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Adrenocortical carcinoma. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070207235437/http://www.endotext.org:80/adrenal/adrenal22/adrenalframe22.htm to http://www.endotext.org/adrenal/adrenal22/adrenalframe22.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked