Talk:African Resistance Movement
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the African Resistance Movement article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject South Africa|
|This article was provided with references by an Unreferenced articles project volunteer on 2010-01-27. If you edit this page, please build on the good work by citing your sources.|
Most of this was adapted from the Peter Hain page - I believe it to be true (I have some knowledge of the area), but I have not researched it myself.
Some of my knowledge is not publishable as I know the people personally and there are a lot of bruised egos around!
- Johnbibby 19:02, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
Umkhonto we Sizwe
Frankly, this article looks a lot like it is really about Umkhonto we Sizwe. I cannot find anything on ARM as a group. It should probably be deleted. --THE FOUNDERS INTENT PRAISE 20:02, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Reference and original research issues
The problems with Jariel's edits:
- there are no references at all, yet he removed the tag
- statements appear to be based on original research (ref to "first hand knowledge".)
- there are a number of unsubstantiated statements about named indivduals which could cause the familiar legal issues thus the need for references in those cases is urgent
- I have edited this page sooner than I thought. As I dug down I realized that Jariel's sloppy posts (the WP link for John Stockton is for a US basketball player) contained misinformation, some which related to named individuals. There is no sign of Lionel Schwartz anywhere on the internet nor in the memories of people who were involved in the creation of NLC/ARM. I have removed the unsubstantiated statements, added some text, notes, and lightly wikified the article. However it remains more or less a stub with reference to one source. Somebody with more knowledge and/or access to a university library should be able to improve the piece.Joel Mc (talk) 10:14, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on African Resistance Movement. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110608122247/http://www.granta.com/Magazine/78/I-Gave-the-Names to http://www.granta.com/Magazine/78/I-Gave-the-Names
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.