Agent Orange is currently a Chemistry and materials science good article nominee.
Anyone who has not contributed significantly to (or nominated) this article may review it according to the good article criteria to decide whether or not to list it as a good article, as outlined on the nominations page.
Reviewers: To start the review process, follow this link: good article instructions.)Nominated by This will create a dedicated subpage for the GA review. Save this page. (If you have already done this, and the template has not changed, try this talk page. See here for the Uptoniga (talk) at 00:52, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Agent Orange article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This article has been reviewed by Nature on December 14, 2005.
Comments: It was found to have 2 errors.
For more information about external reviews of Wikipedia articles and about this review in particular, see this page.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
"this voids any protection of any military or civilians from a napalm attack or something like agent Orange and is clear that it was designed to cover situations like U.S. tactics in Vietnam. This clause has yet to be revised."
I don't have an opinion on the topic, but whomever edited/authored it clearly does.
"and is clear that it was designed to cover..." seems to establish a point of view for the article. If this is important to keep in, perhaps consider stating in the article whatever authority that believes this is "clear". It seems important enough to be included in the text.
"or something like"?
Thats just sloppy.
This article has some extreme vandalism. "The scientific data supporting a causal link between Agent Orange/dioxin exposure and birth defects is controversial and weak"? Wiki mods/admins need to keep the U.S. fascism under control instead of letting them erase hundreds of thousands of maimed victims from history. Chemical warfare breaks international law by the way. Wikipedia is payed for by the proletariat. So don't let corporations completely censor articles. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Agent_Orange&oldid=468163158 The original article on Agent Orange is completely censored. Whoever is responsible needs to lose edit privileges over this page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:07, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Agent Orange. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110518182900/http://thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0008367 to http://thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0008367
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130222170309/http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1983/Jul-Aug/buckingham.html to http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1983/Jul-Aug/buckingham.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Copyright applied incorrectly
There is currently a copyright hold on the Agent Orange page, suggesting content had been lifted from the following URL's http://veteransinfo.tripod.com/Background_on_Agent_Orange.pdf, http://bc.ctvnews.ca/toxic-agent-orange-sprayed-in-b-c-documents-1.791471.
The information contained therein is in the public domain, and being used for educational purposes.
As such, the copyright hold on the page should be lifted.
A new wiki user.
- I am sure you are mistaken; two of the pages are marked as © 2016 Arizona Board of Regents and © 2017 Bell Media All rights reserved. The third page does not have a copyright notice, but under current copyright law, literary works are subject to copyright whether they are tagged as such or not. No registration is required, and no copyright notice is required. So please always assume that all material you find online is copyright. Exceptions include works of the US Government and material specifically released under license. Even then, proper attribution is required. The page will be assessed and resolved in about a week by an administrator or copyright problems clerk and the template will be removed at that time. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 22:31, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
Copyright problem removed
Prior content in this article duplicated one or more previously published sources. Copied or closely paraphrased material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a compatible license. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.)
For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or published material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use copyrighted publications as a source of information, and, if allowed under fair use, may copy sentences and phrases, provided they are included in quotation marks and referenced properly. The material may also be rewritten, providing it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Therefore, such paraphrased portions must provide their source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 18:16, 10 March 2017 (UTC)