|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Air Australia article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
There has been much to and fro editing of the location of Strategic's company headquarters. Do an ASIC search here, and enter the ABN 80 059 547 723, and you'll see it's still registered with ASIC as being headquartered in Armadale, Victoria. The hub, and another office is in Brisbane.--Lester 10:37, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
I notice the logo in the article's infobox was changed. I'm guessing the airline may have done this. The previous log was in SVG format (.svg), which produces lossless perfect quality images. However, the one that replaced it is in JPEG format (.jpg), which produces lower quality images, and is not well suited to logos. Is there an SVG version of this same logo? Maybe the company can source it and upload it. If you have a copy of the logo in Adobe Illustrator format (.ai), Adobe Illustrator can also save it in SVG format. Wikipedia uses SVG format, but cannot use Adobe Illustrator format. --Lester 21:30, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Name change / page move
Ultimately, Strategic Airlines should be moved to Air Australia, as the company changed its name. Lester 02:48, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
- Sources say that November 15 is the official change over date. They already have one plane in the Air Australia livery, but it will still fly with Strategic callsigns until the changeover. Sb617 (Talk) 08:59, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
- Fairly soon, the redirect place-holder sitting at Air Australia should be removed, and this page moved to Air Australia.--Lester 18:17, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
Brisbane & Melbourne to Honolulu
- Done. Sb617 (Talk) 05:02, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
Registered Office Location
an ASIC search now shows the airline headquarters as being Hendra, Queensland as per search result below
Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 16:33:52 on 14/12/2011 Name STRATEGIC AIRLINES PTY. LTD. ACN 131 128 571
ABN 82 131 128 571
Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares Registration Date 16/05/2008 Next Review Date 16/05/2012 Status Registered Locality of Registered Office Hendra QLD 4011
- http://www.airaustralia.com/~/media/Files/Air%20Australia%20FAQs.ashx - http://www.webcitation.org/65VNvwJMs
- Segal, Dave. "Air Australia grounds Hawaii flights, hundreds stranded." Honolulu Star Advertiser. February 16, 2012.
- http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/media-releases/feb-2012/5369/global/en - www.webcitation.org/65pdtJCKW
- It is not bankrupt. Only individuals can be declared bankrupt. Insolvent companies go into administration or liquidation. See below. ShipFan (talk) 23:45, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Air Australia still "is" an airline, not "was". It is still registered. It still has an AOC. It is insolvent but once in administration the administrators can "carry on or terminate the operation of the business based on the appropriately deemed course of action". The business has not (yet) been terminated. The status can be changed to "was" if and when the AOC is cancelled and the company is liquidated. ShipFan (talk) 23:34, 16 February 2012 (UTC)