Talk:Air Force ranks and insignia of the Russian Federation
- 1 Podpraporshchik/Bootsman
- 2 Chief Marshal of the Air Force of the Russian Federation
- 3 Fictional ranks
- 4 Air Force ranks and insignia of the Russian Federation - AfD
- 5 Intersting combination
- 6 revert war
- 7 Comparison to US/UK
- 8 Source list needed
- 9 Comparable USAF/NATO ranks are incorrect
- 10 External links modified
There is no such ran as podpraporschik in russian military, look here: Talk:Russian military ranks#Podpraporshchik/Bootsman. --DimaY2K 16:07, 21 October 2005 (UTC)
Chief Marshal of the Air Force of the Russian Federation
The rank of Chief Marshal of the Air Force of the Russian Federation does not exist, nither theoretical no hypothetical. The rank of Marshal of the Russian Federation is universal for all services. --DimaY2K 15:41, 5 November 2005 (UTC)
First, Russian military doesn't make a distinction for the ranks of the Air Force, unlike the military of the US and the UK (and Pilot is NEVER a soldier rank in ANY Air Force anyway). Second, there are fictional ranks of podpraporshchik and Chief Marshal that do not exist. I'm listing the article for deletion. -DmitryKo 19:53, 6 November 2005 (UTC)
Air Force ranks and insignia of the Russian Federation - AfD
It not historical, but in the present time is not an active and a theoretical ranks and them it is necessary to write them in this clause, though with the marks (look notes in a bottom of the table), that I and I do. In the USA now too still not appointed ranks General of the Air Force, General of the Army (USA) and Fleet Admiral and in the U.K and other countries Field Marshal and the General-Admiral, but everywhere in all tables of ranks they are written as existing, but now not active. And " the Marshal of the Russian Federation " to whom not was appointed since November 1996 (nine years) - after Igor Sergeev, and can then also it to remove off the list?.About ranks in aircraft that in the majority they such as well as in a ground forces, but under the charter to them is necessarily added a prefix of "aircraft" - on an example the general of aircraft, the colonel general of aircraft. Therefore my table is more exact as considers all aspects and I consider and I ask that this page should be kept. Thanks for understanding. Roitr 10:57, 8 November 2005
- US Air Force doesn't have warrant officers while army and navy do. --DimaY2K 12:05, 11 November 2005 (UTC)
The Captain insignia shows a clear pattern for VDV or VKS, that is green shoulder board with blue stripes, but the service branch emblem is for "rocket and artillery"... this needs ivestigating. --DmitryKo 16:37, 17 March 2006 (UTC)
- The issue is the correspondence of ranks. Roitr insists that ranks in different countries correspond as the number of stars in shoulder insignia, which is not true. For example, in Russian and Chinese armies there is no rank corresponding to Brigadier General and as such General-Major has one star. In US and Britain lowest General rank is Brigadier General and as such General-Major has 2 stars.--Nixer 20:54, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
Comparison to US/UK
IMO if there is going to be a comparison, it should be either to NATO or the USA. While I am usually against bias towards the USA/UK/whereever, I think for this article it is warranted, given the historical justifications for comparisons to NATO/USA. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:28, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Source list needed
Ladies and gentlemen, I hope the number of Generals in Russia is small enough to find and link some official list of them all. We do need such a ref for every each article on general ranks and their individual holders. A complete list of all Russia officers may be bulky but MOD receives enough taxpayers' money to compile and Web-publish even that)
Comparable USAF/NATO ranks are incorrect
I am certainly no expert on Russian air force ranks; in fact, I came to this article looking for a guide to the current Russian shoulder boards to determine the ranks of officers I had seen in online videos. That said, I am very familiar with the ranks of U.S. Air Force officers, whose rank structure and individual titles are consistent with the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps (the U.S. Navy's officer ranks structure and insignia are the same, but employ differ titles from the air force, army and marines). Specifically, the table indicates that lowest-ranking general officer of the USAF is a major general; that is incorrect. The lowest-ranking USAF general officer is a brigadier general, and the next ranks are major general, lieutenant general, general, and general of the air force (the last being a war-time-only rank). Also, the USAF has no such ranks as "junior lieutenant" and "senior lieutenant"; instead, the USAF's first three commissioned junior officer titles are second lieutenant, first lieutenant and captain (the same as the army and marines). There are multiple online official US Department of Defense sources that will confirm the foregoing. 2601:CB:8080:6EF:E573:8A02:1AA9:AE67 (talk) 02:06, 8 April 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Air Force ranks and insignia of the Russian Federation. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051123192515/http://wbase.duma.gov.ru/ntc/vdoc.asp?kl=4488 to http://wbase.duma.gov.ru/ntc/vdoc.asp?kl=4488
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070317183721/http://document.kremlin.ru/doc.asp?ID=27589&PSC=10&PT=3&Page=1 to http://document.kremlin.ru/doc.asp?ID=27589&PSC=10&PT=3&Page=1
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.