|WikiProject Physics||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Astronomy||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Image does not show airglow
The image on the page shows part of the Earth in broad daylight and the glow seen in the atmosphere is scattered sunlight, not airglow. It is inappropriate for this page and I shall remove it.
Remove OI and NaI
Relevance of the dayglow image.
The image named "Dayglow" does not appear to have any relevance to this article since airglow is only seen at night. If no one can give me a reference for that image that makes it relevant to this article I will remove it. Dr. Morbius (talk) 05:09, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- In fact the nightglow image also appears to be irrelevant and I will remove it without a proper reference to back it up. Dr. Morbius (talk) 05:19, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
Comet had to be behind airglow in photo.
The photo of Comet Lovejoy and airglow is stated on the Comet Lovejoy page to have been taken by Dan Burbank aboard the ISS. The comet could not be in front of the airglow as that would put it between the Earth and the ISS, which is in low Earth orbit. The photo's text has been edited to note that the comet is behind the airglow. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:49, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
Experimental observation and SwissCube-1
This section is more about the capability of a specific student CubeSat, namely SwissCube-1. Therefore it should be moved into the SwissCube-1 page with a reference to the Airglow page, and not the other way round as it is now. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dpieroux (talk • contribs) 10:22, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
Suggest that this article reference the article "Sky_brightness"
Name of OH- ion
Should the Description section use "hydroxide ions" rather than "hydroxyl ions", since hydroxyl refers to the un-ionized functional group or radical? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:00, 7 November 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Airglow. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2005/2005GL023864.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090305223823/http://www.nrl.navy.mil/content.php?P=04REVIEW106 to http://www.nrl.navy.mil/content.php?P=04REVIEW106
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://apt.stsci.edu/webetc/acs/acs_img_etc.jsp
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.hipas.alaska.edu/hipasweb/air_glow.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.