- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: consensus to move the page, per the discussion below; please help disambiguate the links from other pages that point here. Dekimasuよ! 01:20, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Akrotiri (disambiguation) → Akrotiri – The British territory is not a clear primary topic for "akrotiri" because Akrotiri (Santorini) gets in the range of 150 views per day and has greater educational significance; there are several other possible meanings for "akrotiri" as well. I boldly created a redirect there but LittleWink objected and suggested I take it to WP:RM to ask for the disambiguation to be moved to Akrotiri. Sammy1339 (talk) 01:49, 26 November 2014 (UTC)
- Support if anything, the Minoan settlement is the primary topic, not the British one. -- 188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:19, 26 November 2014 (UTC)
- Support: Anyway, Akrotiri Cyprus is clearly served by Akrotiri and Dhekelia as a main title. Make Akrotiri the general disambiguation page and let the reader decide which Akrotiri article he/she was searching for werldwayd (talk) 00:28, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- Support. British area in Cyprus is not an obvious primary topic. --T*U (talk) 08:04, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.