Talk:Alagappa College of Technology
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Alagappa College of Technology article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Chemfluence was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 06 March 2011 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into Alagappa College of Technology. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|WikiProject India / Tamil Nadu / Education||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
I propose that Chemfluence be merged into this article. While the content in the Chemfluence article is well written, the subject itself does not make any strong assertions to notability, and might face deletion. The festival can easily be explained in the context of the AC Tech article, under a "festivals" section. Please discuss with "support" or "oppose" with a reason for your choice. - Amog | Talk • contribs 09:00, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose - Chemfluence is not just another tech fest, it has garnered the attention of eminent industrialists and big companies over years just becuase of the fact that it nurtures budding chemical engineers, the event attracts 200-300 participants each year and students from all parts of the country participate in the event just to get its aura and to compete with thier mates and you can always imagine the fierce competition when the best brains in the country come to battle out thier raw talent. So such an event needs much more recognition than just being a part of the parent site. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Prash bmw (talk • contribs) 16:06, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
- I oppose the merger. Chemfluence is organised by Department of Chemical engineering. Department of Chemical engineering is the oldest department of A C college of Technology. Department of Chemical engineering,A C college of Technology is the 6th best in the best. So Chemfluence is Unique in that sense. Chemfluence is widely attended by both academicians and students from all over the country. Eminent academicians like Dr Ananth (director of IIT Madras), Dr Ashok Mishra (Director of IIT Bombay) are some patrons who encourage Chemfluence. It also draws students fron IIT Madras every year. Each year Chemfluence has evolved and slowly dominating the field of Chemical engineering. Chemfluence also draws people from the industry. It has often proved to be a platform for all the young minds to discuss the latest trends and methods employed in industries. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:48, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
- oppose the merger - Since its inception, Chemfluence boast of eminent speakers from various reputed national and international academic institutions like ICT-Mumbai,IIT's, NUS Singapore and Imperial College London and from research centres like JNCASR-Banglore, IGCAR-Chennai to widen the knowledge of students on various advancements in the field. It acts as a platform where students from different colleges get an opportunity to interact with eminent personalities from academia, research and industry. Various events in Chemfluence pose industry oriented problems and tries to bring out a solution for the same from the budding chemical engineers from all over India thus creating a very vibrant atmosphere. At Chemfluence, one can get a feel of how Chemical Engineering is strongly interwoven in the fabric of Science. Such an event should have a separate page rather than being a part.
- Oppose the merger- Chemfluence is part of the Deapartment of Chemical Engineering at A.C.Tech. the above mentioned unique reasons (by other Wiki ites) have made it necessary to deserve a separate Wiki page. The necessity to increase notability factor of Wiki will be taken into account from this year. All that we have stated is true but we will definitely bring it to the notification expectations of Wiki. I believe Chemfluence is one such event in the field of Chemical Engineering.
- Guest lectures all round the year
- 12 events on Chemical Engineering encompassing process, design, safety, innovation etc.
- Working Model events on Energy Conservation
- About 1000 participants in total (from ChemiE and allied areas)
I feel all these are signs of prosperity and there is more to come in the coming years. I would also like to add a few words on the lectures that we have as part of inauguration of the annual symposium. Prof. Shobana Narasimhan (Harvard Alumnus) http://www.jncasr.ac.in/shobhana/index.php?menu_id=2&user_id=31&page_id=465 Dr.Lakshmi Narayanan Samavedham (Director CDTL, NUS, Singapore) Mr.V.V.Sharma (Joint Director, Southern Region PCRA)http://www.pcra.org/English/aboutus/regionalOffices.htm , Mr.Mohan (Head, Process Development, Technip), Mr. Girish, Deputy Manager BPCL. We also have the Technical Director of CPCL as a guest of honor. All these just show us that it is not some layman political party event or something useless. The fact that Directors, Heads of Divisions and eminent scientists value Chemfluence is also part of notability. To sum up, we hav notability but may be not what Wiki defines as 'notability'let the page exist and all other requirements of Wiki will be dealt with.-gandhiaravind
Merger per AfD
Per the AfD for Chemfluence, i have added a three line summary of that article into the "dept of chemical engineering section of this article. The history merge /redirect (if required can now be done)--Sodabottle (talk) 10:23, 6 March 2011 (UTC)
Should not be merged
The event is recurring every year and has a very standard participation.This year Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals has consented to be the main sponsor of the event.Past Main sponsors are Sterlite,SRF,ONGC,CPCL,IOCL,DOW CHEMICALS,SPIC,TECHNIP INDIA LIMITED,PCRA,CPCL,BPCL.With more than 20 companies sponsoring the event this year,the event reaches new heights this year.Most of the companies which are sponsoring for the event are considered forerunners in their respective fields. So i do hope that the event has a very good notability among the students as well as among the industries.I think this event is really good enough to continue as a separate article in wiki rather than to be merged along with the parent article. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:06, 27 February 2011 (UTC)