|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Aliens (film) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Aliens (film) has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|References to use in this article. (see also: Wikipedia:WikiProject Film/Resources)|
The following are talk page archives of articles which have been merged into or redirected to this article.
|Threads older than 30 days may be archived by.|
Photo of Michael Biehn
Hi. I recently took a photo of Michael Biehn signing a copy of the film's DVD cover, and after adding it to the article, it was subsequently removed by User:IllaZilla on the grounds that the photo is not relevant to the Interpretation and analysis section, in which I placed it. I'm not certain that photos always have to bear a direct relevance to the section in which they're placed (though that is preferable, I think, when possible), but the reason I placed it there is because I figured that the photo had some relevance to the article material on the home video versions of the film, which is discussed in the Special Edition section, which is just above the Interpretation and analysis section. I thought it might look okay on the left side of that section, but ultimately decided not to place it there because the caption of the Sigourney Weaver photo in the Accolades section just above that one dips below into the SE section, and I wasn't sure if that would look good, or possibly violate WP:STACKING. I'll re-added it to the article, now in the Special Edition section, and added a clear tag to the bottom of the Accolades section to make the two sections more distinctly separate. However, if a consensus here decides that it's best to leave it out entirely, then we'll just do that. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 23:22, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
Addendum: I've moved the Sigourney Weaver pic up slightly in the Edit field so that in the saved version, its caption doesn't dip down into the next section. Again, discuss. Nightscream (talk) 23:27, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
- It looks better now. I didn't like it in the "interpretation and analysis section", which it has nothing to do with, or the way it shoved the "References" and "Notes" headers over to the right on my screen (this will of course vary based on screen size & settings, but it didn't look good on mine). It looks better within the relevant section and with the Weaver pic moved up. I added the "upright" parameter to the thumbnail to avoid it showing up so wide. For vertically-oriented thumbnails, use "upright" so they appear the same size as horizontally-oriented ones. --IllaZilla (talk) 00:40, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
Proposed merge with Gateway Station (Aliens)
- Nope, not even slightly. We know almost nothing about it. Canterbury Tail talk 02:36, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
Note - Variety: New ‘Alien’ Won’t Undo ‘Alien 3′ or ‘Resurrection,’ Director Neill Blomkamp Says - Gothicfilm (talk) 22:41, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Rosen, Christopher (February 26, 2015). "Neill Blomkamp's 'Alien' Sequel Will Probably Forget About Two 'Alien' Movies". The Huffington Post. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
And speaking of the games, I just created the following stub articles: Aliens: The Computer Game (Software Studios), Aliens: The Computer Game (Activision), Aliens: Alien 2, Aliens (video game). --LKAvn (talk) 14:50, 17 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Aliens (film). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20150402125804/http://sidebar.libsyn.com/podcast_episode_128_dexter_star_james_remar_gets_in_character to http://sidebar.libsyn.com/podcast_episode_128_dexter_star_james_remar_gets_in_character
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20150402094537/http://www.proparchives.com/science-fiction/science-fiction-1980s/aliens/screen-used-movie-prop-special-effects-miniature-of-the-alien-queen-from-aliens to http://www.proparchives.com/science-fiction/science-fiction-1980s/aliens/screen-used-movie-prop-special-effects-miniature-of-the-alien-queen-from-aliens
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20120825060245/http://www.usask.ca:80/relst/jrpc/art17-alienresurrection.html to http://www.usask.ca/relst/jrpc/art17-alienresurrection.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources have been checked to be working