|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the All-NBA Team article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|All-NBA Team is a featured list, which means it has been identified as one of the best lists produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|All-NBA Team is part of the National Basketball Association awards series, a featured topic. This is identified as among the best series of articles produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|WikiProject National Basketball Association||(Rated FL-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Awards and prizes||(Rated FL-class, Mid-importance)|
I just started this article it needs to mention who made the most first teams and most selections overall. Quadzilla99 08:48, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
Tim Duncan has also made the All-NBA first team 10 times as of the 2006-07 season. He has also been All-NBA first team for his whole career.
Can someone explain what purpose nationalities serve on this list? There are so many notes indicating where various players are from, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the article. JustSomeRandomGuy32 (talk) 19:20, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
It would be useful if there was a wikilink to the player each year they were All-NBA, instead of just their first entry in the table. Unlike an article, readers are more likely to go to the specific year(s) they are interested in instead of reading from beginning to end. Is this an FL criteria? However, the team articles do get relinked every year.—Bagumba (talk) 21:24, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, for tables, it is useful to wikilink everything. WP:Overlinking is not a problem in tables.—Chris!c/t 02:03, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
Number of times selected
Each player is listed with the number of times they were previous selected, regardless of whether it was 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team. Should we change this to separate counts for each team, respectively. Currently, the convention in the individual bio articles is to distinguish the counts for each team in the infobox.—Bagumba (talk) 21:27, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- I think that will make the table too messy and difficult to read.—Chris!c/t 02:05, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
1) Separate the Total Selections column from the 1st-Team Selections column by a thicker line (or by a slightly wider space); 2) Separate the 3rd-Team Selections column from the MVP Selections column by an even thicker line (or by a wider space); 3) (re-)Allow sorting by: 1st-Team, 2nd-Team & 3rd-Team Selections; 4) Instead of this being a list of all players with 10+ total selections (22 players in all so far); make it a Top 25 list (by adding 3 more players, the 3 with the most 1st-Team selections from amongst those that have 9 total selections). N.B. In the future, when at least 25 players have at least 10 total selections, then I'd revert back to listing all players with 10+ total selections. Pablonovi (talk) 13:37, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on All-NBA Team. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080516203041/http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hakeem_olajuwon/bio.html to http://www.nba.com/playerfile/hakeem_olajuwon/bio.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.