|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Alsou article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I dont speak Russian. I cant even guess at Russian. This page was never cited and I have trouble reading anything on Alsou to begin with. So I cleaned it up kinda based on what was already there and what the few English pages said. If someone who speaks Russian could begin citing references Id be happy. Also I dont know how the Russian music system works but there must be some sort of charts or awards (for how many sold) so could someone add that as well? Thanks --Thegingerone 05:27, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- OK, I can speak Russian and live in Russia. I'm not into pop music, but I'll try to help you anyway. As for chart system, there's no unified or united chart in Russia. However, charts by MTV Russia and Muz-TV TV channels, as well as some major FM stations, do have an established history.
- Concerning sales certification, it had almost no sense in Russia until recent years (probably 2005 or 2006) due to widespread piracy (up to 95%), so actual record sales were hard to monitor and were generating only few revenue for a artist and a record label. Also, I'm not sure if an official Platinum water-line had ever been established for Russia (as you might know, every music market has its own Platinum and Gold criteria). On the other hand, it is always possible to tell who's the best-selling artist on a particular market for a certain year, and I'm sure Alsou was named such a couple of times.
- Anyway, I'm sure Alsou has got a lot of official awards. On the international side, she won at least one World Music Award: http://www.geocities.com/solmes.geo/worldmusic2001.html Netrat_msk (talk) 22:47, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
Alsou's father is tatar but mother is jewish(Iskhakovna is typical Jewish second name) so I changed part about ethnic origin —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:06, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- To the IP Slovenia-based editor or editors (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206): Please familiarise yourself with the following Wikipedia policies and guidelines as a bare minimum:
- Verifiability - this is a fundamental and defining characteristic of Wkipedia
- Civility - relevant to your description of others people's edits
- Assume good faith - relevant to your description of others people's edits
- Original research - by default, any claim you make without citing verifiable reliable sources is original research
- vandalism - relevant to your use of the term to justify deleting edits
- Discussion pages - in particular the bit here that says "The basic rule is: Do not strike out or delete the comments of other editors without their permission."
- Neutral point of view
- Your repeated assertions regarding Alsou's ethnicity may well be correct in fact, but this encyclopedia deals only in verifiable facts and if you want your claims to stand you must provide valid citations. As it says on the editing page, "Encyclopedic content must be verifiable".
- Your contributions are welcome, but please respect Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, assume good faith, and collaborate with your fellow editors. Thanks for your understanding. -- Timberframe (talk) 09:33, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- As you appear to use a dynamic IP address I am posting the following warnings here as well as on the talk page for your most recent IP address.
- You currently appear to be engaged in an edit war according to the reverts you have made on Alsou. Note that the three-revert rule prohibits making more than three reversions on a single page within a 24 hour period. Additionally, users who perform a large number of reversions in content disputes may be blocked for edit warring, even if they do not technically violate the three-revert rule. If you continue, you may be blocked from editing. Please do not repeatedly revert edits, but use the talk page to work towards wording and content that gains a consensus among editors. If necessary, pursue dispute resolution.
- You currently appear to be engaged in an edit war according to the reverts you have made on Talk:Alsou . Note that the three-revert rule prohibits making more than three reversions on a single page within a 24 hour period. Additionally, users who perform a large number of reversions in content disputes may be blocked for edit warring, even if they do not technically violate the three-revert rule. If you continue, you may be blocked from editing. Please do not repeatedly revert edits, but use the talk page to work towards wording and content that gains a consensus among editors. If necessary, pursue dispute resolution.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Alsou. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150719111128/http://www.uznayvse.ru:80/znamenitosti/ to http://www.uznayvse.ru/znamenitosti/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.