|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Amazon Appstore article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Computing||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Apps||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
We need a better reference for the compensation of Free App of the Day
We need to clarify if the Free App of the Day is indeed giving absolutely nothing to the developer of if the 20% rule applies. The source quoted for 0% is a developer who is not happy about the Amazon App Store and pulled his app. Amazon's license agreement reads differently but could be interpreted both ways. Can we trust this source? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:59, 7 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I also noticed that this source isn't terribly good for backing up that statement, but it may be hard to find a better source since apparently Free App of the Day agreements are supposed to be confidential. At least here are some more blog posts and comments that back it up:
- "It was a big download that day only (around 100k downloads) but I got $0 revenue for that day (not the 20% of the listed price as Ziggy mentioned in his article. “For Free App of the Day, the typical rev-share off is 0% rev share for the day” — from Amazon Appstore Acount Team)." 
- "I am a developer that has been featured in the free app of the day section. The developer receives 0%. As I said above the 70%/20% rule does not apply to the free app of the day for which the developer agrees to a separate contract." 
- "The current price of this placement is at 0% rev share for that one day you are placed." 
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Amazon Appstore. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110827070545/http://sigitarinto.com/2011/03/22/amazon-app-store/ to http://sigitarinto.com/2011/03/22/amazon-app-store/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131031052750/http://www.andromint.com/google-play-store-vs-amazon-appstore/ to http://www.andromint.com/google-play-store-vs-amazon-appstore/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://igdaboard.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/amazon%E2%80%99s-clarification-fails-to-address-game-developer-concerns/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.