|WikiProject India / Kerala||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- Ambalapuzha seems to be the more popular choice of spelling for this town. Ambalappuzha returns only 933 results against 19,500 for Ambalapuzha. This is also the way the official website for Alappuzha district spells it and both spellings are used throughout the article. Mkeranat 12:33, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
The Ezhava land owner orininally was Ambanattu "Panikkan",who was later on given the title "Panikkar" by the Devanarayana(Ruler of Chempakassery) The Present Idol of Krishna is from Kurichi (then Kottayam Province) from the family temple of the Nair family "Valiaveettil Panicker".The whole family of Panicker also was brought to Ambalapuzha by the Chempakassery Devanarayana & given shelter in his Kingdom.They are now known as "Valiamadathil Panicker" who were given the title "Koyma"(supreme authority)of the Srikrishna temple.Seven other deities were also brought alongwith Lord Krishna and were placed & still worshipped in the Valiamadom family,which is located about 300 metres NW of Srikrishna temple. "Champakkulam Vallamkaly"(boat race)is conducted on "Moolam" day in memmory of the day when the present Krishna idol & other dieties alongwith Valiamadathil Panicker family were brought to Ambalapuzha from Champakulam,after they crossed the border between Kottayam & Chempakassery Province.
Copyright problem removed
One or more portions of this article duplicated other source(s). The material was copied from: http://zamjose.tripod.com/temple/Ambalapuzha.html. (For context, see Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple at Wikipedia:Copyright problems/2009 February 26.) Infringing material has been replaced with text from earlier in the article's history and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a license compatible with GFDL. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. --Moonriddengirl (talk) 11:34, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Can somebody check this calculation:
I'm not sure that it should be 2^64 because there is only one grain of rice on the first square, not 2. Perhaps it should be 1 + 2^63? There is a huge difference in answers. --Benjamint 01:10, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- It is entirely wrong anyway. The sage won grains of rice, not merely those to be placed on the 64th square of the board! The sage won, approximately, grains altogether, or approximately 37 billion billion. Lucky sage.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Ambalappuzha. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.geocities.com/purushothaman_avaroth/mbh/temple_mbh1.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081030085443/http://archive.eci.gov.in/se2001/background/S11/KL_Dist_PC_AC.pdf to http://archive.eci.gov.in/se2001/background/S11/KL_Dist_PC_AC.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.