|WikiProject Pennsylvania||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Philadelphia||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
Merge from Wissahickon
Please merge any relevant content from Wissahickon per Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Wissahickon. (If there is nothing to merge, just leave it as a redirect.) Thanks. —Quarl (talk) 2007-02-12 01:00Z
- I am requesting that editors hold off on the merge at this time. There are a few considerations that I would like to clear up. I was not aware of the AFD. Wissahickon HS is not actually in the borough of Ambler. Its in Lower Gwynedd Township, Pennsylvania. Further, the Wissahickon School District takes in Whitpain Township, Pennsylvania in addition to Ambler and Lower Gwynedd, so a merge/redirect to Ambler may not be entirely apropos. Frankly, all that I would really merge into any of those articles is that each municipality is in the Wissahickon School District of which this is the only HS. And if I am not mistaken, those bits are already in the Ambler article.
- Most info may be irrelevant to Ambler since it is the smallest municipality in WSD. Whitpain is the largest contributor to the schools with Lower Gwynedd behind. I may end up requesting a deletion review for the purpose of carrying through with a general delete and eliminating the redirect to Ambler.
Question about Ambler Campus of Template University
A question was raised on the Help Desk about the reference to the Ambler Campus of Temple University. The campus is outside the borough limits and is actually in Upper Dublin Township. So the question is how to handle this fact. I will start by inserting a note to that effect but we can discuss other approaches. Robert McClenon (talk) 00:30, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
Error in first line
thanks to all of you who maintain this site. it's very useful.
"Ambler is a borough in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, in the United States, approximately 16 miles (26 km) north of Philadelphia."
I grew up in ambler. And it's definitely less than 16 miles north of philly.
i went on mapquest and found a spot in philly that is 5.29 miles driving distance. That's not even 5.29 miles as the crow flies.
"approximately five and a half miles north of Philadelphia" would be much more accurate.
- I've corrected the first line; if you calculate from center city, e.g. City Hall at 1 Penn Square, and go up 309, it is in fact reasonably accurate to say "It is located approximately 16 miles (26 km) north of the city center of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania." Mary Mark Ockerbloom (talk) 23:07, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Ambler, Pennsylvania. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150828062237/http://www.chemheritage.org:80/discover/media/distillations-magazine/01-2-06-living-in-the-town-asbestos-built.aspx to http://www.chemheritage.org/discover/media/distillations-magazine/01-2-06-living-in-the-town-asbestos-built.aspx
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6YSasqtfX?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.census.gov%2Fprod%2Fwww%2Fdecennial.html to http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6HQu4Spqa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.census.gov%2Fpopest%2Fdata%2Fcities%2Ftotals%2F2012%2FSUB-EST2012.html to http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2012/SUB-EST2012.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.