|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The article got corrupted by a person removing the controvery section: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=American_Humane_Association&oldid=649694700#Controversy This section has to put back in the article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 01:28, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
"Increased protection from unwarranted controversies." Seems like this should be in a separate controversy section. It doesn't seem like a role of the organization to stop controversy or decide that it is unwarranted. There has been a lot of controversy about AHA and if they really protect animals used in films. I'll research and document some, then post here for review. Bob98133 11:36, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- I have removed and replaced this whole paragraph as the website no longer exists and a well-intentioned but misguided user, LA Animal Lover, had added unsubstantiated criticism of the AHA over the Flicka deaths (as they had done to the Flicka article). There still seems to be controversy as the AHA claim the deaths were unpreventable but the LA ASD report contradicts this (at least in one case). Captain Screebo (talk) 12:06, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
New organization name?
- I don't think we should change it until they announce that they have changed it. At the moment, they are a bit schitzo about using both names. On their About Us page , they start out at AHA and end up as AH; although their home page is AH. If any change is called for, it might be to add "American Humane Assocaition, also known as American Humane...." Bob98133 (talk) 16:31, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
I am with the organization and we definitely have NOT changed our name. Sometimes people will shorten it to American Humane when typing it or saying it, but the full name is American Humane Association. AHA1877 (talk) 13:17, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
- Every movie I see uses the acronym AHAD, including on that copyrighted tagline. Yet nary a PEEP in this article!
- What's the "D" stand for? I'm stunned at how difficult it is to google this up. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 09:00, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
In the spirit of full disclosure, this page was updated on February 29, 2012 by myself, a current staffer at American Humane Association. I went to great lengths to edit the content that was provided for upload from a neutral perspective. Our intention was to better clarify what American Humane Association does and to clear up some confusion that might exist about our programs or between us and other similar non profit organizations - not to promote ourselves. Any "fluff" that may be present is unintended. We welcome further contributions and clarifications where "fluff" is present - and are amenable to removing said content. AHA1877 (talk)
In the beginning of the article it says that "In November and December of 2013, the Hollywood Reporter ran a major feature <snip>". Seeing as it isn't December yet, can a clarification be made? Possible options:
- Wrong year
- Wrong month
- Writing style made to appear to refer to past events as not to require editing later on
- Time travel
So, which one would that be?
P.S. I sense a conflict of interest regarding the above section, since representatives of an organisation / people being referred to / etc are normally discouraged from editing related articles due to possibility of introducing an unintended bias.
I think the history section should be shortened a bit. I think there is a bit more information than necessary, and a lot of the information on which states attended what conference in the 1800's is a bit redundant. Does anyone have a source for a more concise summary of AHA's founding? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Animalluvr99 (talk • contribs) 22:18, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on American Humane Association. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150402161125/http://www.groceryheadquarters.com/2015/01/happy-egg-co-receives-aha-certification/ to http://www.groceryheadquarters.com/2015/01/happy-egg-co-receives-aha-certification/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150311025604/http://www.fosterfarms.com:80/faq/ahc.asp to http://www.fosterfarms.com/faq/ahc.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.