|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
||It is requested that an image or photograph of headquarters of the Iowa Department of Transportation in Ames, Iowa be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Barrels of Hay?
I would like to see a new picture. I, being from Ames, feel that it doesn't represent Ames at all. flockofpidgeons 24:24 11 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- What do you think represents Ames well? I can go take a picture of it. —Ben Brockert (42) UE News 00:32, Feb 14, 2005 (UTC)
- Some picture of downtown, or the University
This article in Spanish, Galician, Dutch, and Portugese are Ames, Spain, not Ames, Iowa.
- The "th" article I wasn't able to determine. But all the other current articles are about Ames, Iowa. Guess someone removed the others... --Tim4christ17 01:41, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
Since this is a community project, what photos would the other contributing users like to see on the page? I like the one of Main Street, and I think one taken from the Skybox at Legends would be a great addition. Wingman1331 21:39, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- My guess would be no. If there's a fictional character who has Ames relevance sufficient to be mentioned in the article - and I can't think of how that would be the case - it should be mentioned in the text of the article, not the people list. --Tim4christ17 talk 08:26, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
what is this shrine that is talked about. I think the fighting bourito is cool and all but im not sure how the shrine part add anything to the text. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tex downey (talk • contribs) 14:19, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
I just corrected an erroneous statement that Ames founded by someone named Ames, which showed up in an edit from 25 July 2013 by <220.127.116.11>.
There was no prominent family named Ames involved in the early history of the town (or ever, really).
Remove Evan Stone from "Notable people'?
I, for one, don't know if promoting that a famous porn actor grew up in your city is necessarily something that people want... Any objections to removing it? bojo1498 talk 13:00, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
As a non-native of both Iowa and the US, the pronunciation of Ames remains mysterious. I would first guess //, then //, but I have never heard it spoken aloud so I don't know. Please elucidate, anyone who is native or local, or can provide a reputable source.
- Due to the wonderful language that is english, it is pronounced with a z sound rather than what seems like a "proper pronounciation." bojo1498 talk 15:28, 8 October 2015 (UTC)