|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Reads like promo copy, not a biography.
- I agree. No time right now, but I'll edit it later - I think I can track down some NPOV biographical material to flesh it out. Should probably be merged in anyway, though POV still applies then. NickBarlow 07:57, 5 Dec 2004 (UTC)
While in a mostly gay band, Ana is straight and has lived with boyfriend Seth Kirby for the past three years.
- doesn't say when that was written, better put a real year there (184.108.40.206 17:42, 25 October 2006 (UTC))
- Indeed, i think you need to site that. Squad'nLeedah 20:04, 29 November 2006 (UTC) - Cite that is.
- The article/promo states that Ana is bisexual. I have read an interview where she states that she is heterosexual (http://www.concertlivewire.com/interviews/scissorint.htm) I'd suggest that the change is made and cites the above article. User:Thurston_d
- I've done that now, you could have done it yourself though as you've got a reliable cite there. (Also, the "bisexual" edit was made by a vandal, so it should really have been reverted before. 220.127.116.11 21:58, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
Removal of Link
Id suggest removing that link to the Fansite. Theres nothing on it but a few pictures and a "Page under construction, come back soon" message. Sorry, forgot to sign the last. Squad'nLeedah 20:03, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
Removed the link. The site quite obviously belongs to the original author of this page, and is a REALLY badly made fansite, containing nothing but press release photos, and photos of the page author wearing fan-wear. Squad'nLeedah 02:34, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
Pronunciation of Name?
I've always assumed it was pronounced the same as "Anna" (re Animatronic), but in several interviews she has been introduced by TV presenters as "Aah-na" Matronic, without her correcting them. She might just be too polite to tell them, but now people are starting to refer to her as "Aarna Matronic", which sounds silly. 18.104.22.168 21:43, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
- It's Ah-Nuh, but with short vowels. Although not very clear, she says this herself on "Message From Ana Matronic" which features on the UK release of the debut album. I also remember reading this in an early interview with her, but can't track it down now. But the audio recording, which I have just this moment listened to, is pretty conclusive. --GetThePapersGetThePapers (talk) 16:31, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
Apparently she wasn't born Ana Lynch, Lynch was her stepfather's name which she later took. Her father's surname seems to be something of a mystery. Mind you, this info's come from the Daily Mail, not exactly known for their accuracy! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1308325/Ana-Matronic-The-Scissor-Sisters-star-gaining-husband-losing-stone.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mspritch (talk • contribs) 00:57, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
According to this article, she was born in San Francisco: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1287535/Scissor-Sisters-desperate-prove-cut-it.html
This also jibes with a comment she made at the Night Work tour show in Oakland about being "from" San Francisco. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2001:470:1F05:164:A538:A5F:228B:91D (talk) 05:59, 17 June 2012 (UTC)