Talk:Anastasia (1997 film)
|WikiProject Film||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Animation / American / Films||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- 1 Bats incapable of speech
- 2 Publisher Error
- 3 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Anya/Anastasia (character)
- 4 historical inaccuracies/differences
- 5 Possible Russian Disney Remake
- 6 Quality Improvement
- 7 Character information
- 8 Anastasia and Hercules
- 9 The bolshaviks did not topple tsardom!
- 10 External links modified
Bats incapable of speech
The publisher of this film was 20th Century Fox, not Disney.
- For differences there should be similarities. This film is not historical in any way. TFighterPilot (talk) 12:09, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
Possible Russian Disney Remake
What does any of this mean?
I'd really love to see the overall quality of this page improve and have already started by rewriting some things and adding references where I can find them. I've also marked some statements with the citation needed tag - much thanks to the anon that's been fixing those for me, by the way. Does anyone have any other suggestions for improving the article's quality? Shvybzik (talk) 02:35, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
Should we add character details to the cast and characters section? Most of the best-written film articles on Wikipedia have one, such as Aladdin, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. --Changedforbetter (talk) 10:57, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I think that would be fine; however, I am also of the belief that any character details should go under its own heading rather than under the voice cast heading itself in order to avoid cluttering the voice cast section of the article. Shvybzik (talk) 17:19, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- On second thought, I just reviewed WP:FILMCAST and one suggestion it makes is to introduce the characters through well-written prose as seen in the featured film article Tenebrae. In my opinion, the individual who revised the original plot summary of this article explained the roles of each character well enough that a new character details section altogether may be unnecessary. Which of the two recommended formats do you think would work best for this article? Shvybzik (talk) 18:14, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- I kind of like the idea of including character information in the plot summary, but personally - at least in the case of an animated "children's" film where characters are often more emphasized than the story - I'd prefer if the character information was stated (along with the cast) in a separate subheading. To me, it just looks a little more organized and planned that way. Also, this allows for an easier plot read that isn't constantly interrupted by commas explaining each character's background. --Changedforbetter (talk) 19:54, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
Anastasia and Hercules
The bolshaviks did not topple tsardom!
Contrary to what many still believes Lenin and the bolsheviks did not have a wit to do with the fall of tsardom in Russia! Tsardom was toppled by a spontaneous popular uprising that no political party had anything to do with already in February 1917.(Tha February Revolution) What Lenin and the bolsheviks did topple in the coup d´etat falsely labelled (the October)- Revolution was that democratic republic and socialdemocratic government that came after the February Revolution! The elections held shortly after showed clearly that the bolsheviks and their takeover did not have popular support. They did respond by keeping the power with military force. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 10:27, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Anastasia (1997 film). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140201151650/http://cincinnati.com/freetime/movies/mcgurk/anastasia.html to http://cincinnati.com/freetime/movies/mcgurk/anastasia.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140202161118/http://www.boxoffice.com/reviews/theatrical/2008-08-anastasia to http://www.boxoffice.com/reviews/theatrical/2008-08-anastasia
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130403022522/http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archives/1997/documents/00524793.htm to http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archives/1997/documents/00524793.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130518175127/http://texnews.com/religion97/matt112997.html to http://texnews.com/religion97/matt112997.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140108044334/http://www.moviefone.com/movie/anastasia/5119/synopsis to http://www.moviefone.com/movie/anastasia/5119/synopsis
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090828011720/http://www.bet.com/Music/photos/msc_photos_RememberingAaliyah.htm?i=6 to http://www.bet.com/Music/photos/msc_photos_RememberingAaliyah.htm?i=6
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.