|WikiProject Computing||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Computer science||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Does anyone know the year that it was started? -- DNewhall
Cost on the order of a Megapenny - well written! I can imagine how one might say its not encyclopedia like. I vote keep! =) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ieopo (talk • contribs) 02:01, 26 May 2006.
The ATK "console" application is not a terminal or shell window (despite the confusing name). It is a system monitoring and user information tool. Basically, it is a window full of widgets. Standard widgets include a clock, CPU load graph, user email notifier, filesystem activity icon, and a scrollable system message log. The content and layout of the console window was configurable by editing a text file, and many user-designed layouts were available at CMU. A popular favorite contained a bitmap image of a TARDIS, which could be dematerialized using a menu option.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:38, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
Obvious needs: mention and link to articles on hardware, and notable people involved. For example, James Gosling who did NeWS somewhat based on the Andrew window system, and then Java. W Nowicki (talk) 16:49, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Andrew Project. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120717075926/http://www.cmu.edu:80/corporate/news/2007/features/andrew/history_overview.shtml to http://www.cmu.edu/corporate/news/2007/features/andrew/history_overview.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110909110712/http://www.cmu.edu:80/corporate/news/2007/features/andrew/history_details.shtml to http://www.cmu.edu/corporate/news/2007/features/andrew/history_details.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100628060635/http://www.cmu.edu:80/corporate/news/2007/features/andrew/index.shtml to http://www.cmu.edu/corporate/news/2007/features/andrew/index.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.