|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include Paid contribution disclosure, Conflict of interest and Neutral point of view.|
This page definitely needs some work. I'll try and get some more info in there, as well as making it a better article. Though if anyone wants to help, or just to help with formatting and typos, I would be much obliged. Leave me a message on my talk page if you are interested Minnyhaha (talk) 06:42, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
Was there anything wrong with my edit? Can we revert it to that as there is a little more info? Elusivespoon 11:28, 3 Aug 2005 (EST)
Of course the main article is not a new page, but the following will need to be incorporated eventually http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=55&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=b8f9182a47. -Fermion 05:44, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
Famous Alumni Michael Quartey
I noticed that a new IP recently made this edit. I don't know who Michael Quartey is but several internet searches pulled up nothing of notability on him. I can self-revert if someone can demonstrate otherwise. I went ahead and reverted the edit since it doesn't appear to be constructive, however I await feedback.--Fountainviewkid (talk) 00:41, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- the established rule is that they must either have demonstrated notability as shown by Wikipedia articles, or information to show they are obviously qualified for one. DGG ( talk ) 17:30, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
A Wikipedia article should include only material that would be of interest to a general reader coming across the mention of the subject and wanting the sort of information that would be found in an encyclopedia. It should not include material that would be of interest only to those associated with the subject, or to prospective or currents students--that sort of content is considered promotional. Promotional writing thinks in terms of what the subject wishes to communicate to the public, but encyclopedic writing thinks in terms of what the public might wish to know. An encyclopedic must be written concisely. Press releases are not; an encyclopedia avoids administrative or education jargon--press releases often contain little else.
Extensive description of internal administrative set-up is not encyclopedic; extensive citation of the documents founding the college is not encyclopedic. Listings of minor awards and events is not encyclopedic content. Extensive presentation of the college ideals is promotional. Intensive descriptions of a particular program is disproportionate content and promotional for the program. Details of residential facilities and student rules is of interest only to those enrolled or who plan to be enrolled. All of this can be appropriate content--in proportion.
The established rule for notable alumni or faculty is that they must either have demonstrated notability as shown by Wikipedia articles about them, or information to show they are obviously qualified for one.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 12 external links on Andrews University. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.angwinreporter.com/2009/AR200907/index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110724224535/http://news.adventist.org/2003/04/worl-church-a-closer-look-at-higher-eucatio.html to http://news.adventist.org/2003/04/worl-church-a-closer-look-at-higher-eucatio.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130311153125/http://www.andrews.edu/about/facts.html to http://www.andrews.edu/about/facts.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070202064901/http://www.andrews.edu:80/about/history.html to http://www.andrews.edu/about/history.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120320095901/http://www.andrews.edu/agenda/2011/05/17/female-graduate-housing-a to http://www.andrews.edu/agenda/2011/05/17/female-graduate-housing-a
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060902142233/http://www.andrews.edu/MR/mr_handbook.pdf to http://www.andrews.edu/MR/mr_handbook.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061012235911/http://www.andrews.edu:80/LH/lamson-index-a-z.html to http://www.andrews.edu/LH/lamson-index-a-z.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090207184320/http://www.andrews.edu:80/arch/ to http://www.andrews.edu/arch/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090626054113/http://www.andrews.edu:80/sem/article.php?id=3 to http://www.andrews.edu/sem/article.php?id=3
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101209073532/http://atoday.com/magazine/1993/11/andrews-university-offers-ph-d-adventist-studies to http://www.atoday.com/magazine/1993/11/andrews-university-offers-ph-d-adventist-studies
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080614005958/http://www.nadadventist.org/aca/ to http://www.nadadventist.org/aca/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060401055546/http://www.atoday.com:80/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=56&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=a0b970f030 to http://www.atoday.com/6.0.html?&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=56&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=1&cHash=a0b970f030
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.