|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Angela Carter article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Would you please update your information regarding the UNOFFICIAL ANGELA CARTER WEB PAGE
It will no longer be running from http://perso.wanadoo.fr/andrew.milne
but has changed to
I seriously doubt that every one of those references was actually used. The list of them is nearly as long as the article itself.
- It is WP policy for bibliographies length to be relative to the article size. Someone removed it taking the external links and categories out at the same time, so I reverted. Some of the items on the list only have passing reference to Carter, but it is informative as it stands. Philip Cross 17:39, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
- This is extraordinary - more references than for virtually any biography on wikipedia. This needds triming to only those that "major" on Angela or are materially used in the article. This does the author a disservice by using this barrage of data. :: Kevinalewis : (Talk Page)/(Desk) 17:34, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
It is difficult to know what references were used. I'll just dump it here is thats ok cos it is not of much se at the moment Francium12 23:17, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Could someone please fix the link to the page for the novel "Shadow Dance"? Currently, it links to a page about an X-men episode.22.214.171.124 03:59, 12 October 2006 (UTC)
I doubt that The Courtship of Mr Lyon is both a story within The Bloody Chamber and the title of a separate short-story collection. If anyone knows otherwise then please edit it back, but for now I'm changing it.Jayunderscorezero 01:36, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
Post feminism claim?
I dont have encyclopedic knowledge of Carter, but there seems to be no evidence to point to her 'post-feminism' position - if that was the case, then she wouldn't be writing feminist literature. Nor would she consistently be focusing on strong female characters. What's so post feminist about her work? Nelson. --126.96.36.199 10:25, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- I think you may be misunderstanding the meaning of post feminism. "Post feminist" is a common description of Carter's work, particularly her later output. For example, in the Introduction to Jago Morrison's Contemporary Fiction, he gives Carter and Jeanette Winterson as examples of post-feminist novelists. Warofdreams talk 02:06, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
Place of death?
Where did she die? I've read somewhere that it was in Florida. Please amend if you know, thanks. Maikel 06:49, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
The Fall River Axe Murders
This has been added as a work in the non-fiction section, whilst it is a short story in "Black Venus" and has also been published on its own, i am not aware of it being anything else. I shall remove it for now, if anyone has any information about it in another form please put it back with the specific details. Jtparkinson 18:45, 12 September 2007
This has been added as a work in the non-fiction section, whilst it is a short story in "The Bloody Chamber" and has also been published on its own, i am not aware of it being anything else. I shall remove it for now, if anyone has any information about it in another form please put it back with the specific details. Jtparkinson 18:45, 25 March 2008
Someone has added this as a forthcoming novel, to be released in 3 years time... Given that no announcement of a posthumous novel has been made on any other site I will remove it unless someone can provide verification. Jtparkinson 10:50, 02 December 2009
- Well spotted - this sounds like nonsense; in the event that it is true, information can be included when reliable sources are available. Warofdreams talk 11:20, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Angela Carter. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070927215510/http://www.manuscrit.com/catalogue/textes/fiche_texte.asp?idOuvrage=6256 to http://www.manuscrit.com/catalogue/textes/fiche_texte.asp?idOuvrage=6256
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080404234213/http://www.manuscrit.com/catalogue/textes/fiche_texte.asp to http://www.manuscrit.com/catalogue/textes/fiche_texte.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.