Talk:Anglo-German naval arms race
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Don't understand this calculation
Britain managed to build Dreadnought in just 14 months and by the start of the First World War Britain had 49 battleships, compared with Germany's 29.
- I don’t understand the calculation leading to your sums: GERMANY had 22 old battleships (ships of the line since Kaiser Friedrich III.), 17 dreadnought battleships, 2 older battle cruisers (Roon, York) and 8 modern battle cruisers, but only 5 were part of the High Sea Fleet. I don’t find a way to “29”. BRITAIN had 33 "Dreadnoughts" and "Invincibles" plus Lord Nelson, Agamenon (pre dreadnoughts) and Australia (colonial cruiser). Show me the way to “49”, please. You table below give other results: BRITAIN 29 and GERMANY 17. -- Zeitgeschichte (talk) 19:14, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
Possible vandalism - or unclear sentences?
The following sentence seem out of context, or possible vandalism:
- By 1905, Britain had 44 battleships that were expensive to maintain and the arms race was no longer a threat. It did influence joining the Triple Entente because it did not bother them to upset Germany.,.
First, as noted above, the math on those figures doesn't add up, though it's in the source provided. Second, several of the references were added by someone who apparently has never done it before, so I had to untangle them. Dziban303⁓talk 22:22, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Anglo-German naval arms race. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit User:Cyberpower678/FaQs#InternetArchiveBot*this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20100127005738/http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk:80/history/ships/hms-royal-sovereign-1892/ to http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/history/ships/hms-royal-sovereign-1892/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.