|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Apocalypto article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The section regarding the alleged plagiarism of Hergé's work is either poorly written or heavily biased in the film maker's favour. The fact that this scene does occur in a Tintin comic is not a rumour, it is indeed a verifiable fact. While I'm certain that Gibson's lunacy is advanced enough to make him blatantly deny printed fact as a rumour, the relevant fact here is that the section needs improvement. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:58, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
References to use
- Please add to the list references that can be used for the film article.
- Ardren, Traci (2009). "Twenty-First-Century Reinventions of Alexander, Xerxes and Jaguar Paw: A Critique of Apocalypto and Popular Media Depictions of the Past". Archaeological Review from Cambridge. 24 (1). Unknown parameter
- Coulardeau, Jacques (2008). "God's death and subsequent resurrection from Faust to Apocalypto". In Bray, Suzanne; Gavin, Adrienne E.; Merchant, Peter. Re-Embroidering the Robe: Faith, Myth and Literary Creation since 1850. Cambridge Scholars Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84718-608-9.
- Kolodny, Annette (2008). "Tropic Trappings in Mel Gibson's Apocalypto and Joseph Nicolar's The Life and Traditions of the Red Man". American Indian Culture and Research Journal. UCLA American Indian Studies Center. 32 (1): 21–34. ISSN 0161-6463.
- Maxwell, Judith M. (2007). "Apocalypto: Then and Now". Anthropology News. 48 (5): 38. doi:10.1525/an.2007.48.5.38. Unknown parameter
- McSweeney, Terence (2009). "Apocalypto Now: A New Millennial Pax Americana in Crisis?". In Hart, Kylo-Patrick R.; Holba, Annette M. Media and the Apocalypse. Peter Lang Publishing. pp. 167–188. ISBN 978-1-4331-0419-0.
- Restall, Matthew; Solari, Amara (2011). "Apocalypto: The Millennium Comes to the Maya". 2012 and the End of the World. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. pp. 91–112. ISBN 978-1-4422-0609-0.
- Xiuhtecutli, Nexahualcoyotl (2007). "Gibson's Apocalypto as an Act Against the Maya". Anthropology News. 48 (6): 29–30. doi:10.1525/an.2007.48.6.29. Unknown parameter
- Yelle, Robert A. (2011). "The Ends of Sacrifice: Mel Gibson's Apocalypto as a Christian Apology for Colonialism" (PDF). Journal of Religion and Popular Culture. University of Toronto Press. 23 (1): 82–89. doi:10.3138/jrpc.23.1.82. ISSN 1703-289X. Unknown parameter
- I agree. Why Apocalypto and not Apocalypse? Mazarin07 (talk) 11:44, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
- The explanation is right there in the article, and has been since before this section was added:
- Gibson has defined the title as "a new beginning or an unveiling – a revelation"; he says "Everything has a beginning and an end, and all civilizations have operated like that". The Greek word (ἀποκαλύπτω, apokaluptō) is in fact a verb meaning "I uncover", "disclose", or "reveal". Gibson has also said a theme of the film is the exploration of primal fears. 188.8.131.52 (talk) — Preceding undated comment added 22:30, 2 August 2014 (UTC)
An inconsistency (." or ".)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Apocalypto. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070611220458/http://video.movies.go.com/apocalypto/ to http://video.movies.go.com/apocalypto/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071102063514/http://www.globalheritagefund.org/apocalypto.html to http://www.globalheritagefund.org/apocalypto.html
- Added archive https://www.webcitation.org/6BVXRP5MP?url=http://www.tapirs.org/news/interviews/apocalypto-interview.html to http://www.tapirs.org/news/interviews/apocalypto-interview.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060908235719/http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews to http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyid=2006-09-25T031220Z_01_N24227883_RTRUKOC_0_US-GIBSON.xml&src=rss&rpc=22
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071211234607/http://idyllist.idyllspress.com/2007/02/10/robert-duvall-on-apocalypto/ to http://idyllist.idyllspress.com/2007/02/10/robert-duvall-on-apocalypto/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.