|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the AJ Lee article.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Big E. Langston isn't a manger
- 2 Correct Real name: April Jeanette or April Jeanette Mendez?
- 3 Storyline content
- 4 Relationship with Daniel Bryan
- 5 Requested move
- 6 Height
- 7 Personal Life
- 8 Semi-protected edit request on 4 February 2014
- 9 The Chickbusters
- 10 Divas Champion (2013-2014) or (2013-present)?
- 11 Marriage
- 12 Cm punk and aj lee
- 13 Semi-protected edit request on 11 November 2014
- 14 Official website and name change
- 15 PWI Female 50
- 16 Cosplayer?
Big E. Langston isn't a manger
Why is he written as her manager? He's just their so called bodyguard. He protects and gets involved in Dolph Ziggler's matches, as a outside enforced. He isn't a manager. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:29, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
Correct Real name: April Jeanette or April Jeanette Mendez?
Hello! I wanna start a discussion about her correct name. Some say it is April Jeanette Mendez (like me), some say it is simply April Jeanette. I think we can trust her own facebook account and her fan club sites. There she is under April Jeanette Mendez. Jeanette is cleary not a last name, it is a Christian name. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4054498/ and http://www.facebook.com/people/April-Jeanette-Mendez/100001951578726 --Hixteilchen (talk) 18:31, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
Jeanette is cleary not a family name, see Jeanette. She would be the only person on the planet with the family name Jeanette.
- Her family name is Mendez. Her family is from Puerto Rico. It is a latino surname. Clearly Jeanette could not be her last name. WWEJobber (talk) 18:51, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
AJ LEE has one real facebook profile. If you type in April Jeanette Mendez then you will find her. She is wering a black dress. Her very true best friend's email is firstname.lastname@example.org yu can contact her for information about AJ Lee.
- Yes. That is because Wikipedia is not an up-to-date news site. So week-by-week events should be not be added. --Jtalledo (talk) 10:56, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
Relationship with Daniel Bryan
I want to discuss if there should be a header for the relationship of Daniel Bryan and Aj cause it brings her on a big roll as of late. So what are the opinions ??--Nakurio (talk) 09:57, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
- Eh. Hasn't gone on long enough for it to warrant its own header. --Jtalledo (talk) 10:14, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
- Ok that´s a good point --Nakurio (talk) 12:15, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
- hi this is destiny here and i just dont understand your guys but in this case and daniel bryan are not dating and never did she is single like stated on twitter and daniel is currently datting brie bella — Preceding unsigned comment added by Destiny raelynn smith (talk • contribs) 10:15, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
Wiki says A.J's(April Jeanette "ring name"/ nick name) hight is 5'2. witch it is not.. i met her... im 5'2.. she was about 1' taller than me thanks :) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:40, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- The article says her height is 5' 3". That's once inch taller than you. So it sounds correct. Nightscream (talk) 02:47, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- @Nicholasmartinez: WWE says 5'2 so we do too. Unless you have another source (website) which is more reliable. starship.paint ~ ¡Olé! 08:30, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
AJ has never confirmed any relationship with anyone, Ziggler and Lethal included. She refuses to acknowledge romantic relationships in interviews. Jay Lethal's comments have also been refuted by AJ's best friend Kaitlyn.
Also, in a recent interview, AJ claimed to have met Lita for the first time during Wrestlemania week. Besides, the comment claims that a cassette was signed, which makes no sense as AJ is a little young for cassettes.
She also stated that her family was given tickets to Wrestlemania ten @ MSG for Christmas (Christmas 1993) and it was her only WWE show attended as a fan. WM X was March 1994, 6 years before Lita became a diva. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:45, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
- I am the same age as AJ and i have had plenty of cassettes...SRaemiA talk 22:38, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Maybe you do, but Lita started wrestling too late for cassettes. Besides there's still no confirmation of an AJ/Jay Lethal relationship. The photos were all very posed and were taken while they were working together in a romance storyline. And again, she has denied the relationship many times. We shouldn't post that on her page based on his word alone. People lie, especially wrestlers. Remember how many people Batista randomly claimed to have been involved with without proof and ultimately those divas denied it all? There aren't enough sources to confirm. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:10, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
- A lot of these claims are inaccurate. The AJ and Lita meeting occurred in July 2001. It wasn't until three years later that she attended her first event, which was WrestleMania XX. She wasn't given tickets, nor was it the only show she attended as a fan. 1 2
- As for her relationship with Jay Lethal, it has been reported by several reliable sources and I'm unaware of her, or anyone close to them refuting it. Now, whether it's significant enough to be included in her article is a completely different discussion. Prefall (talk) 00:13, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
Whether or not the relationship really happened, which I have my doubts about since there was a relationship storyline for her and Lethal in WSU at the time and she never acknowledged it like she did when she and Punk got involved, is not as important as deciding if it could be seen as a significant event in her life. I feel that her lack of mention for the supposed relationship and Lethal himself, brevity of the supposed relationship, and the lack of impact to her life or career that any contact with Lethal had is not important. If Kaitlyn being her best friend in WWE and mentions of her siblings aren't important than he's far less than important to her life. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wiki0814 (talk • contribs) 16:39, 27 October 2014 (UTC) |answered=yes}} Personal Life of AJ Lee Lovely Lane (talk) 19:25, 30 October 2013 (UTC) It was reported in October 2013 that April and WWE wrestler CM Punk were dating. 
Lovely Lane (talk) 19:25, 30 October 2013 (UTC) It was reported in October 2013 that April and WWE wrestler CM Punk were dating.  i feel that this information should be deleted until both Cm Punk and AJ Lee confirms or deny this news themselves
- Then we need another source for that, and ideally, it should be a secondary source, if available. Nightscream (talk) 00:41, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
now her and Punk are rumored to be engaged as on March 31, 2014, as AJ was seen wearing what may appear to be a engagement ring on her left hand while she wrestled Naomi in a Lumberjill match on the March 31st edition of WWE Monday Night Raw. it may be possible she maybe wearing a ring just to fool people as April Fools day is on the next day after that night. --Boutitbenza 69 9 (talk) 08:10, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- ... reliable source... none detected. talk | ctrb) 08:53, 1 April 2014 (UTC) (
Semi-protected edit request on 4 February 2014
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Not done: Only if you create an account, and then meet the WP:Autoconfirmed criteria (10 edits and 4 days).
If you want to suggest a change, please request this in the form "Please replace XXX with YYY" or "Please add ZZZ between PPP and QQQ".
Please also cite reliable sources to back up your request, without which no information should be added to any article. - Arjayay (talk) 11:59, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
The unofficial name AJ and Kaitlyn refer to themselves as. It was never brought up on television, as far as I know, at least not when they were actually teaming together. Due to this, there's an extreme lack of reliable sources citing the term. It only brings up 3 results on WWE.com, one of which is used to cite this in the article, though it requires you to scroll through a photo album just to get the quote you're looking for. When it comes to secondary sources, barring random references towards it, I can't seem to find anything directly stating them going by the name.
Anyway, I'm looking to get opinions on the matter before just deciding to cut mentions of it completely. Should it be removed, acknowledged in passing or outright kept despite this? Prefall (talk) 12:09, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- Worth mentioning in the subsection header? Nope.
- Worth mentioning multiple times? Nope.
- Worth cutting completely? Nope.
- Here's my stand; state Chickbusters absolutely once, since AFAIK too, the term was never referred to on television. Write AJ made her main roster debut alongside Kaitlyn as a tag team that was occasionally referred to on WWE.com as "the Chickbusters". Then never refer to them as Chickbusters again. "YES!" 12:20, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
Divas Champion (2013-2014) or (2013-present)?
@Guidorulz: In my opinion we can rename it (present) until a new worthy subsection appears. The name is for the most notable thing that AJ has done in this particular "part" of her career. This is what has been done for a while: look at Eve Torres... Divas Champion (2009–2011) but only started holding the championship in 2010 because that "part" of her career started in 2009 when she was drafted to Raw. Similarly look at Kelly Kelly Brand switches and Divas Champion (2010–2012) but she only held the Divas Championship in 2011, not 2010 or 2012. Alicia Fox has Divas Champion and various storylines (2010–present), and held the championship only in 2010. "YES!" 01:40, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- I've gone ahead and switched it back to "present", as it should remain. If he's hellbent on avoiding confusion, we could temporarily rename it to "Divas Champion and hiatus" until we have sufficient means of starting a new subsection. Prefall (talk) 04:18, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
That's a hefty assumption. And not nearly correct. I am just putting it as it has happened through source-based facts. AJ Lee is no longer the Divas Champion. Paige is. Tamina is the #1 contender. These are facts. But I am not interested about false conclusions based on something you think you know. "Hellbent on avoiding confusion" is one of those. However, I changed it accordingly. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Guidorulz (talk • contribs) 10:16, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- I don't dispute that AJ is no longer the Divas Champion. But the fact is, the subsection headers represent a time period in the wrestlers' careers, not a reign. It's not just the female wrestlers. Sheamus World Heavyweight Champion (2011–2013). CM Punk WWE Champion (2011–2013). Need I say more? You want to change something that will affect all the wrestler bios, please propose it at WT:PW.
- I'm not going to start a big conflict about the "hiatus" there, but I fully expect that in the long-term when we look back at the article, "hiatus" is not going to be so important that it needs to be in the sub-section header. "YES!" 11:03, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- At the moment, only a single reliable source has reported it. 1 I think we should wait for further confirmation just to be sure. Prefall (talk) 00:06, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
- Alright, another reliable source has come forward. Seems fine to be added now. Prefall (talk) 00:19, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
Cm punk and aj lee
Semi-protected edit request on 11 November 2014
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Please change trained by section. There are two other trainers she was trained by besides Jay Lethal that should be included. She was also trained by Azrieal and Mo Sexton.
Source: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=8817&gimmick=AJ+Lee Moonmop (talk) 21:24, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
- It's omitted as a good portion of her early career has almost no reliable sources available to it. The only trainer we know for sure is Jay Lethal, which has barely been covered at all.  In fact, the only source we have of her acknowledging any trainers is this extremely old bio that she presumably wrote herself back in early 2009, which only cites Lethal. Outside of listings on certain databases (which aren't the most reliable), we don't have much else to work off of. Prefall 21:48, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
Official website and name change
According to her official website: http://aj-brooks.com/aj-lee/ She is now going as AJ Brooks, I feel a change should be made showing her new Married name, and listing her as Formerly Mendez. Chefofchitown (talk) 21:37, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- www.aj-brooks.com (preceding unsigned comment by User:Jjchavez229
PWI Female 50
She was also ranked #9 in 2013.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Wrestling_Illustrated#PWI_Female_50 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:54, 8 December 2014 (UTC)