Talk:Archos Generation 4
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Archos Generation 4 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
isn't this line discontinued? 184.108.40.206 20:55, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yes... ... ... but not the 704 WiFi, as the 705 hasn't been released.--Jw21/PenaltyKillah(discuss•edits) 01:44, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
I might be wrong, but I belive the player in the picture is actually a 404. Can someone check this out? I wouldnt know how. --220.127.116.11 02:46, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
- definately a 604, though the owner took scratched off the logo, he indicates it is and not to mention the 404 doesn't have the wide screen or speaker TMV943 01:17, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- You'd have to ask the uploader why he scratched the logo off, there's only one other pic to choose from which is very blurry;
- Archos released pics on this page, but I don't know about the fair use of them: 
I'm removing this from the criticism section: "These moves by Archos, however, were to significantly reduce the cost of the player and make it more affordable, at least for users who only require the standard features. In comparison to the $300 of the 604, the MSRP of the AV530 at launch was $500." They "explained" the fact that archos started charging for extra codecs and accessories, which were built-in in previous version. It reads like an advertisment, and completly overlook the fact that removing codecs do not reduce the production cost at all. Plus "MSRP of the AV530" is pretty obscure.Aleph42 (talk) 12:55, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- not all codecs are free, many like MP3, MPEG, and H.264 require license feesTMV943 (talk) 22:15, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
In my opinion, the criticism section should be dismantled and incorporated into the rest of the article. In the meantime, I'll find some sources to contribute. Killamator (talk) 04:07, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
I think the information help website www.archos604.com should be added to external links immediately!