Talk:Area codes 214, 469, and 972
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The article page this is part of is called as a macro by transclusion for the pages Area code 214, Area code 469 and Area code 972. This is done to allow those pages to have a link of [[Category:Area codes in the United States|214]] etc. This can't be done with a redirect page (or at least, I don't think so). Otherwise, what happens is in the "Area codes in the United States" category, you'd get a link for 214, 469 and 903 instead of one link for each area code. This is why it is done this way, or at least, why I did it this way. Paul Robinson (Rfc1394) 22:59, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
The article says " 1995 all of the old 214 territory outside Dallas County was split off as area code 972." This is not accurate. Although the 972 area code originally was assigned to a circle around downtown Dallas, it included areas that were not only within Dallas County, but were within the city limits of Dallas as well. In the north and northeast, essentially all areas outside Interstate 635 were moved to 972. --Lineagegeek (talk) 23:29, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Area codes 214, 469, and 972. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090222214348/http://www.areacodedownload.com:80/214/index.html to http://www.areacodedownload.com/214/index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090412021057/http://www.areacodedownload.com:80/469/index.html to http://www.areacodedownload.com/469/index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090221091844/http://www.areacodedownload.com:80/972/index.html to http://www.areacodedownload.com/972/index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090107221653/http://www.areacodedownload.com/936/index.html to http://www.areacodedownload.com/936/index.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.