Talk:Arkansas State University
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Arkansas State University article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject United States / Arkansas||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Universities||(Rated Start-class)|
|This article is/was the subject of a Wiki Education Foundation-supported course assignment. Further details are available on the course page. Assigned student editor(s): DefenderV, Blakenyguen, Gjone34, Hosselote, Laursren, Jwall97.|
Fan Message Boards
Some moderators are saying that Fan Message Boards are Spam. Should Fan Message Boards be Allowed as External Links?
above unsigned comment was left by Ermackey3
The purpose of external links in Wikipedia is to provide information that can not be included in the article due to copyright problems or other reasons. External links are to illustrate the topic beyond the article itself. The sites linked need to meet the same reliability standards as references. Message boards, by definition, do not meet the reliability standards as users can post information without regard of their accuracy.
Remove non notable people
I removed the following people from the notable alumni section because they do not have their own Wikipedia articles, which si required to establish notability per Wikipedia guidelines. The information I removed is:
- John Mark Schafer- Federal Judge
- Jerry Mooney ('75) - Memphis entrepreneur, former President of VHA Long Term Care and former board member of Servicemaster
- Maj. General Bobby Porter - Former commanding general of US Army's 82nd Airborne Division
- Mike Randleman  - Actor— has appeared on numerous television shows including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
- Maj. General James Simmons - Former deputy commander of the U.S.-led multinational force in Iraq
- Maj. General Eugene Stillions - Former commanding general of Army's Fort Lee, Virginia
- Phillip Sweet of the country music group Little Big Town
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Arkansas State University. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130623234346/http://www.nga.org/cms/home/governors/current-governors/col2-content/main-content-list/title_beebe_mike.html to http://www.nga.org/cms/home/governors/current-governors/col2-content/main-content-list/title_beebe_mike.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.