Talk:Arnold Orville Beckman
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Arnold Orville Beckman article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
pH meter invention date
- 1934 appears to be when it was invented (as the "acidometer"), 1935 when it went into production.Mary Mark Ockerbloom (talk) 14:46, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Image gallery for philanthropic buildings
I'd like to propose "stacking" the images along the right, rather than putting them in a gallery at the end of the section. Stacking them helps to add interest to what otherwise becomes a rather daunting "wall of text" in this section. (I appreciate the intent to improve things, I just think it works better the other way.) Mary Mark Ockerbloom (talk) 14:46, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- The image stack at the right margin was very out of sync with the text. It is best to try to keep relevant images somewhat near the related text. The image gallery groups the buildings funded by Beckman into a logical grouping, rather than stringing them along the right margin in a way unrelated to the text.
- Keep in mind that Wikipedia is viewed on a wide range of display sizes and aspect ratios, including a rapidly increasing number of mobile devices. What may look "ideal" on your favorite screen may look completely different elsewhere (try your mobile phone, for example), so it doesn't make sense to overoptimize the appearance on any one particular display. Simply stacking all the images at the right margin breaks any logical relationship between the images and the text, in a way that gives web browser display engines no clue as to what image is related to what text.
- Also, I wanted to make room for more of the excellent and relevant images you have been able to find. 8^) Reify-tech (talk) 15:45, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Arnold Orville Beckman. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140225004717/http://www.chemheritage.org/visit/events/awards/heritage-day-awards/past-winners--othmer.aspx to http://www.chemheritage.org/visit/events/awards/heritage-day-awards/past-winners--othmer.aspx
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100903122733/http://beckman.tustin.k12.ca.us:80/ to http://beckman.tustin.k12.ca.us
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.