|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Aromatherapy article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Ideal sources for Wikipedia's health content are defined in the guideline Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources (medicine) and are typically review articles. Here are links to possibly useful sources of information about Aromatherapy.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Judging by what is written in the article, this type of therapy can have some effects in of itself. Therefore it seems inaccurate, or at best contentious, to claim it is a placebo (as it does under the main image). When going to the edit section I could see no way to edit this claim as it doesn't seem to appear there. Does anybody know how to do so please? Helper201 (talk) 11:12, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- Any non-trivial health claims in the article need to be backed by WP:MEDRS. Alexbrn (talk) 11:20, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- But a placebo only has effects based on the individuals own perception and the perceived difference its making and doesn't actually have any effect in of itself. '...a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect'. So if aromatherapy does have an effect in of itself, which this article has citations to support, then by definition it can't be classed as a placebo, because it is having an active therapeutic effect in of itself. Helper201 (talk) 13:55, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
In two places in this article uses the phrase "General well-being". This seems very vague - interpretation of the phrase is probably heavily polarized by prior belief. I believe it requires further explanation or removal. I followed one of the sources but I can't find a definition of well-being.
In my opinion "general well-being" sounds like a load of pseudo-scientific hodge-podge new-age bullshit quackery, but the source I followed (but didn't read all of) could be evidence of minor positive effects (which might perhaps be better achieved with other methods, I'll add). Perhaps the source should be elaborated on here instead? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:37, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Aromatherapy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080727011937/http://www.thelavendercat.com/3201/index.html to http://www.thelavendercat.com/3201/index.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.